To move or to sell

LarryD

So sometime in the not to distant future (once a security clearance goes through) I will be moving to Yuma. The drive will be a two day ordeal to get all my stuff and myself to the new place in Yuma that I should have lined up beforehand. So the question becomes do I pack up my live rock and live stock in a couple of buckets and bubble some air into them for the trip then put it all back together in Yuma or just sell everything and start anew in Yuma. It looks like the nearest saltwater fish store might be a two hour drive to San Diego (but hey local pick ups on those crazy aquaSD sales) which while unfortunate is not a killer. I was planning an upgrade for after the move once I get some extra money so even if I move the ten with livestock I would be upgrading again within a couple of months most likely.

So what do you guys think, have some of you moved a tank livestock and all cross country?

I would shut down and start over unless there is something you really can't replace

+1...You'll already been stressing over the move itself. Starting over would be one less major hassle to deal with during the move.

That is what I was leaning towards, while I am pretty sure I could get things there alive it would be a hassle that I don't really need. I only asked because I have heard of people shipping entire tanks cross country and wanted to get an the general thoughts from the community.

I moved my nano from Cali to Austin in one straight 22 hr drive in the middle of the summer. In hindsight, not worth it. Just sell off and rebuy there... Especially if you're planning to upgrade anyways. You'll get choice selection anyways with all the Socal reef stores at your disposal.

I moved my nano from Cali to Austin in one straight 22 hr drive in the middle of the summer. In hindsight, not worth it. Just sell off and rebuy there... Especially if you're planning to upgrade anyways. You'll get choice selection anyways with all the Socal reef stores at your disposal.

What local reef store, nearest one appears to be in San Diego which is two hours away

I sold all my stuff and started new when I moved from south Austin to Lago vista, I couldn't image movin to Cali with it lol

Not quite to Cali I will still be in Arizona, I will be really close to the border of California also the border with Mexico.

I am taking everything with me to Dallas. It's only a biocube 29 gallon though. I can't replace the chalice collection I have. I have spent too much money and time to just sell it off at a discount. My fish are not replaceable. It's a 3 hour drive but corals are pretty tough and so are fish. I am sure they can handle it.

Honestly take all the knowledge that you have learned and nothing else. You can start fresh and be ahead of the game in no time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

That is the plan, looking at getting something in the range of a 60 gallon. I started looking at LED lights since I have been spoiled by my prime.

Archived