Hello Austin Reef Club

parasuta

Hi ARC,

New Member here. I'm actually an Aussie that moved to Austin about a year ago, started my 100G saltwater tank beginning of this year, only put water in it about 2 months ago. 30G sump, it is cycled, has a CUC and some clowns that just finished their quarantine, so lots of potential. Needs a light upgrade before corals though so it's FOWLR for the moment.

I'm an all round animal type, worked with everything from birds to marine turtles to nocturnal bats, even been lucky enough to call it a job sometimes. This tank is my first adventure in to reef tanks after developing an interest in them when I saw a snowflake eel at an LFS in Aus. This tank does not have stocking plans for a snowflake, but there is always room for a predator tank in the future!

Hope to get to know you all soon.

Welcome wave.gif

I kept a snowflake for many years, he was one of my favorites! But for me, I was hooked like so many others by the clownfish and copperband butterfly that I saw in a pet store here in Austin in the 70's (no old man comments please!)

Welcome to the club! Funny how you don't seem to start a reef tank till you leave the place that has the cool corals!

No need for a reef tank when you can see them all in the wild!

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I somewhat refinished the stand, so I could start a tank build thread with that at least as a bit of content rather than just posting a tank shot, also planning a dedicated refugium build in the next few months. Nothing fancy or special though.

Archived