Jabao Pumps both stopped working?

Juiceman

I have 3 WP25s that I use to fill dead spots. After some investigating, I discovered they weren't running. I cleaned them thoroughly and plugged them back in. Still nothing. They're about a year old, maybe 1.5 years.

Anyone else have issue with their WPs not lasting long?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a WP40 crap out on me after about 6 months. Manufacturer is so disconnected from the end users that I purchase them in "as is" condition because getting a warranty claim on them is probably impossible, at least it was for my first one.

I have had a few WP25 and WP40 stop working and haven't figured out why. I have since switched to a WP60 and clean about every 6 months before it stops working. I figure $60-70 a year, if that is as long as they last, is worth the functionality I get from them. If I/we can figure out how to fix them, I have several to fix and sell....

• Like 1

I have had a few WP25 and WP40 stop working and haven't figured out why. I have since switched to a WP60 and clean about every 6 months before it stops working. I figure $60-70 a year, if that is as long as they last, is worth the functionality I get from them. If I/we can figure out how to fix them, I have several to fix and sell....

That's where I'm torn. Buy a few to replace them, and replace them again next year or get a different pump entirely

I was wondering when this thread was going to happen! I dont think going cheap is worth it in this hobby it never seems to work out. Not sure how much these cost but I know an mp40 cant cost that much more than replacing these every 6 - 12 months can it? Plus nothing beats a made in 'merica sticker.

I buy the Jaebo WP40s for $60/pump usually. The Ecotech MP40 is around $350/pump. I can almost buy 6 Jaebos for 1 Ecotech. I'll hedge my bets that my 6 Jaebos will last longer than my 1 Ecotech.

I don't care about fancy flow patterns for the Ecotech as I hook my Jaebo to my Apex and it goes through customized modes of flushing left, flushing right, both pumps on, wave modes, and random modes.

For me, it's a win with the Jaebos... until Ecotech starts dropping their price. Then it's a different story.

I was wondering when this thread was going to happen! I dont think going cheap is worth it in this hobby it never seems to work out. Not sure how much these cost but I know an mp40 cant cost that much more than replacing these every 6 - 12 months can it? Plus nothing beats a made in 'merica sticker.

I'm not sure if it's about the America card for me, but personally, the fact that Jebao basically copied Tunze and other mainstream manufacturers and being in China there's virtually no way to go after them, it's pretty appalling.

At the same time they priced their stuff so far out of competition, it's tough to justify spending 4 - 10 times the price compared to a throwaway product that does work, just likely without the same longevity of a product from a company that cares about their reputation and quality. Personally, I'm done with vortechs on the noise aspect, but the maxspect gyre pumps look very promising. I can almost guarantee Jebao will have some copy of those within 2 or 3 years.

One would think the competition would drive current manufacturers to figure out how to lower prices while keeping their current quality. So far this hasn't been the case, and honestly if they don't figure out how to compete, it wouldn't surprise me if Jebao starts dropping manufacturers. They've seemed to grab a large market share in a very short period of time. What manufacturers should be extremely concerned about is when Jebao figures out how to increase the quality of their products, which is likely going to happen as well.

The WPs have been replaced w/ the RW series and is a vast improvement over the WP series. Still value priced. Give them a try I am hearing good things about Jabeo / Jecod product line these days. Be sure and buy from a reputable dealer and "THEY" will help with warranty claims..

I've stuck with the WP series, knowing they are the older model. The main reason is they produce more of a direct stream which is conducive with my wave program settings to move water in my 6' wide tank. Otherwise, I'd have already switched to the RW series.

• Like 1

Correct Farmer Ty. I use my RW series for a wider spread in my 4' XT 150. Not trying to produce a wave although if set too, it would throw water out the tank. LOL. I run mine at full 4000gph on a 10 second pulse mode ~ 12" deep. Produces an awesome back and forth below surface reef wash and a small wave across the top. Really keeps the tank stirred up, however I am sacrificing a little water clarity to accomplish this. I've got plenty of light power to compensate for if needed.

• Like 1

Well, I've got one of mine working after a thorough cleansing today. The other wouldn't come back on. I even tried some American ingenuity and banged it on something..... Still nothing. So now, should I pick up one WP25 to replace it or get 2 RW8 and replace both...?

Yeah Amazon is actually the cheapest by CNZ and fulfilled by Amazon at $65.12 so you have a pretty decent warranty expectation here. Of course free shipping if you are not in a big hurry. Got another $65 then get two and keep the older unit for spare water mixer etc...

Of course if you buy from Reef Breeders you get their 1 year warrantee and these guys have an awesome reputation for customer service. But you pay for it at $99.99

Yeah Amazon is actually the cheapest by CNZ and fulfilled by Amazon at $65.12 so you have a pretty decent warranty expectation here. Of course free shipping if you are not in a big hurry. Got another $65 then get two and keep the older unit for spare water mixer etc...

Of course if you buy from Reef Breeders you get their 1 year warrantee and these guys have an awesome reputation for customer service. But you pay for it at $99.99

I was going to make a trip out to Aquadome to get a wp25 for 70 but if the RW turns to the side too, I'll just order that instead.