Neptune Systems PMK :: PAR Monitoring Kit

mFrame

Wondered if you guys had seen this, and what you thought of it.

PMK-All.jpg

https://www.neptunesystems.com/pmk/

Continuous light-level monitoring for your aquarium

With the PAR Monitoring kit you can monitor and log your aquarium’s light levels 24 hours a day! The perfect tool to fine tune your lighting on your tank. Now you now can adjust your lights with the confidence of knowing you will not be giving too much or too little light to your corals and plants.

While cool, I just haven't seen any practical need to monitor par continously. Perhaps with T5 lighting or MH, knowing when it's a good time to change the bulbs but otherwise... what?

I'd rather just invest a similar amount of money and buy an independent par meter, one that does not need to be tied to my controller to work.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If it were a reasonable cost above the Apogee probe alone ($155) I'd consider it because I could probably hook up the neptune probe to a voltmeter to make a portable unit. But MSRP is $299, so I think that's kind of high. That means they're getting approximately $150 for an A/D converter box sad.png

If it were a reasonable cost above the Apogee probe alone ($155) I'd consider it because I could probably hook up the neptune probe to a voltmeter to make a portable unit. But MSRP is $299, so I think that's kind of high. That means they're getting approximately $150 for an A/D converter box sad.png

Don't forget the rock too Jim. [emoji38]

So correct me if I'm wrong, but to get a Apogee probe + display is well over $300 correct? So at $300 it's competitively priced, just perhaps unnecessary and non-portable which kinda sucks.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but to get a Apogee probe + display is well over $300 correct? So at $300 it's competitively priced, just perhaps unnecessary and non-portable which kinda sucks.

I agree it's competitively priced. But, for me, it's overpriced because for the $155 Apogee probe plus my existing voltmeter I could have a portable PAR meter. I think the Apogee is overpriced too. A voltmeter can be had for $50 and does way more than the Apogee display or the Apex expansion box.

ARC has a par meter we can borrow? Oh dang, do I just ask Mike or what? I wasn't willing to pay for one cause meh, but I'd totally borrow one for free. :)

ARC has a par meter we can borrow? Oh dang, do I just ask Mike or what? I wasn't willing to pay for one cause meh, but I'd totally borrow one for free. :)

One was donated to RCA for premium members to use. Problem is, the sensor has been acting up and I think in its current status, it's not useable.

Archived