Ritteri Anemone?

footballdude2k3

Has anybody had success with them in their tanks? I am thinking about adding one to my 180, and magnetizing a piece of rock to the top back wall so it doesn't move around and sting everything else. SPS/LPS only, softies and zoas never do well in my tanks.

I have never had luck and have tried several times. They have a pretty low rate of survival and are pretty rare to find in the aquarium world. I know Francis at River City Aquatics had one a while back, but it was an established clone from another tank and it died too after a while. Unless you have a solid tank with a large water volume, good flow, lots of space, and access to a good source of healthy H. magnificas, I would suggest finding a colorful BTA or LTA instead.

I have never had luck and have tried several times. They have a pretty low rate of survival and are pretty rare to find in the aquarium world. I know Francis at River City Aquatics had one a while back, but it was an established clone from another tank and it died too after a while. Unless you have a solid tank with a large water volume, good flow, lots of space, and access to a good source of healthy H. magnificas, I would suggest finding a colorful BTA or LTA instead.

Really? I got one in my pico right now, no problem. You must be doing something wrong. [emoji6]

I've had two back in the 90's do well for years with just basic wet/dry's (no skimmer) and 30% water changes monthly. I would not reccommend them unless you are going to set up a BIG species tank for them. At 3 feet across they don't have to walk much to kill stuff.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Roger at Aquatek had a ritteri that he kept alive for many years in the store. It was a very beautiful specimen but I believe it died when it spawned/split several years ago. If you want some good local advice that would be a good place to start.