Liz's 10 going on 20L reef build

emu1sive

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Ty is gonna take all my munnies. Everything I've gotten from him just thrives.

+1

The frags I got from Ty last weekend are awesome and doing great for me too

I honestly don't know the names of many zoas. I just buy ones that are pretty. :) Or more accurately, Meg buys ones that are pretty, and I just like what she gets.

Yeah, the variety is probably one of the coolest things about zoas. Just beware the zoa addiction. You saw Pham selling his stuff in those little drug sample size bags? Yeah, that's cause he's basically feeding our addiction!

Seriously though, there are some insane pricing on some of the "name brand" zoa.

Wut? Addiction? To zoas? You gotta be kidding me....as I was just browsing the web to look at more zoas.

I left C4 with a boat load of zoa frags and got home and started looking at more stuff on AquaSD. So I don't know what this addiction thing is, but I know for a fact I don't have it. ;) Lol.

You should look up your zoas on coralpedia. A bunch of pictures and ids of zoas.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Wut? Addiction? To zoas? You gotta be kidding me....as I was just browsing the web to look at more zoas.

I left C4 with a boat load of zoa frags and got home and started looking at more stuff on AquaSD. So I don't know what this addiction thing is, but I know for a fact I don't have it. ;) Lol.

You should look up your zoas on coralpedia. A bunch of pictures and ids of zoas.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Somebody visited Pham's tank ;P

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking to embark on another upgrade adventure!whistle.gif

Back when I was still running the 10 gal I turned to Ty for some advice and boy did he deliver!

I am getting ready to take his advice and do the following:

"If it were my tank, I'd drill it, add a sump, add a skimmer, and add a refugium." -FarmerTy spiteful.gif

Well....aside from the drilling part. If (I should say when) I upgrade the tank size I will drill it but not this one.

So it's time to start planning. I am thinking I want to do a 20L DIY sump. I am in the researching phase right now.

What kind of skimmer to get????? I HAVE NO IDEA HERE. There seems to be a bajillion opinions on what size, brand, blah blah blah blah BLAH.

What kind of overflow kit, what kind of ATO?

Advice is appreciated rolleyes.gif

Sometimes planning and dreaming about the tank is as fun as actually having one. Researching, learning, asking questions, taking with people... Fun! You'll have to clue is in on your dream as it happens. :)

Happy 4th everyone!!!

Gonna kick the day off by getting a bunch of corals PO'd moving them around and gluing their behinds down.

Net is cause if I stick my hand in the tank a certain clown ATTACKS me and I am worried she'll get overzealous and jump out of the tank. If I put the net in the tank when I put my hand in she leaves me alone and just hides in the corner. Came down to me being mean and stressing her out w/ the net or her potentially jumping out of the tank. I chose the latter. I wear gloves cause I don't like my hands in the tank and I doubt the tank likes any oil, soap, blah blah blah residue on my arms and I've gotten a rash from my arm in the tank before.

I foresee an updated FTS in the future.

post-3923-0-24744100-1436019691_thumb.jp

Archived