C4 Frag Swap - What are you bringing?

FarmerTy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can bring three pretty sad frags of Tyree Setosa with GHA growing on them. I'll stand next to Ty so people think they're designer corals!

That strategy worked pretty well for me last frag swap ;P also probably the fact I was giving my frags away because they were taking up hella space in the 10g haha

Probably a dumb question, buuuuut do I have to have frags to swap in order to attend or can I just show up as a buyer??? I've never been to one of these frag swap events.

Well as soon as I find out what day it's gonna be, I'll be sure to request the day off or at least make sure I'm not working that part of the day.

Well as soon as I find out what day it's gonna be, I'll be sure to request the day off or at least make sure I'm not working that part of the day.

June 20th

C4 announcement thread)

Thanks for sharing that! [emoji2] What time does it start though?? I couldn't find a start time.

June 20th

C4 announcement thread)

Thanks for sharing that! [emoji2] What time does it start though?? I couldn't find a start time.
That's what we are all eagerly waiting to find out!

• 3 weeks later...

June 20th

C4 announcement thread)

That's what we are all eagerly waiting to find out!

10am to 6pm

• 2 weeks later...

The sacrifices one makes when he doesn't have a frag tank. I'm doing it for you C4! Well... for that and my coral slush fund account. [emoji5]

Before cutting frags for C4:

34be351397d7f2799ce099a69cb4f475.jpg

After:

033375c8716a4e2fe8d93b4e3f49492e.jpg

I'm a big fan of extracting the original colony once it has encrusted and grown out on the rocks. It works well with zoas too.

Place your frag, let it encrust and grow over the rock... then remove the original frag and let the encrusted coral grow back over the removed original frag.

In this case, it was a giant original frag so... a giant hole was left in the middle to grow back over.

I've found that it'll grow over it pretty quickly in these cases since the colony is generally happy and encrusted already, and growing back over the hole on all sides.

Then, you have an instant mini colony to be able to cut up and sell off.

Happy to see that monti fragging method in practice. I do that as well. Unfortunately, once encrusting montipora get going they're like the juggernaut and become unstoppable forces. I can hack away massive pieces of rainbow montipora and it grows back in the blink of an eye

• 2 weeks later...

Archived