175g DSA Planted tank

Jimbo662

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lights are unpacked, hooked to the apex and programmed!!!

Also picked up 6 bags of pool filter sand which will be going in in the next couple of days. Had the outlet turned on but the intensity at 0%. It's advised to turn the outlet off to turn the lights off completely.

post-2872-0-12780300-1429045189_thumb.jp

A little more progress...The next to the last piece of glass is in the sump...last piece going in tomorrow. Put four 50lb bags of PFS in and am loving the look of it. I've got about a 2" depth and have two more bags in the garage.

I threw in two of the three pieces of driftwood (3rd pc is too big to get in with the canopy on...and it's too heavy to lift by myself...) and threw in the rock I picked up a couple of weeks ago. I may end up circling it around the piece of wood so I can put some ground cover around it and make it more of an individual island. I'll probably go back to the LFS and pick up more of the same to keep the look consistent. I've got a bunch left from my last FW tank but it's really a mix and match of different looks.

post-2872-0-68882600-1429378398_thumb.jp

post-2872-0-58355700-1429378411_thumb.jp

post-2872-0-18324700-1429378426_thumb.jp

post-2872-0-05405200-1429378439_thumb.jp

I got the lights installed, sort of, and programmed. You can vaguely see the wiring at the top of the pic that wraps around the inside to each door. No matter which door you open the lights turn on. The ac adapter I bought will only handle two of the ecoxotic strips. I've got to get a strip of wood to attach to the cross braces and will attach the lights to it and get some small staples to attach the wiring to the stand.

post-2872-0-03324100-1429805179_thumb.jp

This would be a great setup even if you didn't put plants in it.

Are you going the discus route with it?

Ha...thanks. I'd considered discus when I first starting thinking about doing the tank but decided to keep it simple and just do tropical / community tank. I'll probably have 3 or 4 angels and a bunch of shoaling fish.

Thanks, maybe by the time you're ready to pick up the undata I'll have something in it. :-)

Man, the only real time I have to work on my new setup is the weekend, and the past few weekends have had unexpected requirements of my time!!! GRRR. I literally thought about taking some time off work just to move this along, but then I need/want that money to spend on the tank... kinda a catch 22. :)

But If you want it out of your tank I'll pick it up and just put it in my existing.

Wow that tank has sure come along since I saw it two weeks ago. You did an awesome job on the plumbing! Whenever I do plumbing I feel like a caveman seeing fire for the first time. I celebrated for like a week after my last plumbing attempt and it only looked half as good as yours.

Hey that Undata is coming back. I didn't think it would after I got it home, but now most of the skeleton has polyps on it. It's still not the right color though. It's red and the skeleton should be a light green with a purple rim. Let me if you want a piece of it once it fully recovers.

Archived