New to saltwater but excited

Smallz

Hey guys, I'm getting back in to the hobby with the help (Madsalt is the brains in this operation) of Madsalt. Got the 10gal set up to put all new fish in. Now Madsalt and I are going to be setting up a 125gal tank. Joined up at River City (really nice guys up there) to get the VIP discount, we all need as much money saving help as we can get, so thanks for the membership River City. Met a few guys up there Friday night and I'm really excited about jumping into this with both feet (and Madsalt help) I'm open to all your ideas and hard learned lessons, looking for all kinda of setup equipment so Madsalt and I will me watching the "For Sale" area, if you got it and wanna sell it please post it. Looking forward to this so thanks in advance from what I have seen so far this seems to be a great group of people.

Madsalt is helping me out with the set up. So i have seen his tank and how with the right type of fish and coral the tank can "kinda" help itself. fish help keep tank clean, other fish keep the fish clean......... really looking forward to the corals, I have never seen such cool looking stuff in a tank that i can have in my home. I know i'm kinda geeking out about this but im just a little excited. no predators in tank all one big happy family

Geeking out is perfectly normal, if not required. Well, can't wait to see your setup once it's going. Feel free to post every little update, it's fun to watch.

welcome. my first word of advice is to take your time in order to get it right, qt all fish, patience is a virtue,

but don't go so slowly that you lose the excitement. you will make mistakes, and you will kill animals.

do your best not to and enjoy the learning

there are lots of opinions and experiences here. everyone is very helpful, your job will be to decide what advice to take and make work

Archived