Bigsby's 215 Gallon Mixed Reef

bigsby

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a few more placed and mounted. The transition back to metal halides has gone fairly well. Most of the corals seem pretty happy.

post-1459-0-55850200-1430671832_thumb.jp

post-1459-0-81936200-1430671894_thumb.jp

post-1459-0-51206600-1430672081_thumb.jp

post-1459-0-94829000-1430672213_thumb.jp

• 5 weeks later...

As amazing as the growing would be it looks like things are going to be going another direction.

I have been discussing selling my house with family friends and neighbors and received an enticing cash offer from someone in the neighborhood on my house this past week. After meeting with them this morning it looks like everything is a go. As much as I am not ready to move everything they need to be out way sooner than I planned.

I am trying to update my membership so that I can post a ton of stuff for sale but as of right now almost everything I have is going to be for sale. I have storage I can move it into but I would rather not.

I will try to get all items listed and I have a ton of stuff to list.

I will be selling the entire 215 gallon tank, stand, canopy, sump, return pumps, and lighting system all together if anyone is interested.

I will obviously need to rehome the fish and corals as well. I may keep a smaller tank with some of my favorite corals but as for now everything is to be sold. I'd rather rehome it than lose anything in the transition.

Please pm me or message me one cell at 512-653-5415 if I have anything you are interested in and we can discuss a fair price.

Yeah. I won't be gone for too long I don't think. And I'll more than likely be upping to a 280-300 gallon in the process and going LEDs myself.

My main concern are my fish. As my wife and daughter have become rather attached to them in the last couple of years.

I will help rehome some Coral! smile.png I could even help you out with some 6' LED strips from BML later this summer! staying tuned

can't help with those tangs, I already have one of each of those.

Anything you want me to hoarde in my tank for you till you get another system up.. Im game. Plenty of space in my tank when i get rid of the mean nem tomorrow. Ill PM you on my lunch

Thanks. I'm not excited about selling the tank. But I will definitely be purchasing another tank in the near future.

I am even considering picking up Don Duncan's 300 gallon A.G.E. Tank but I may have to wait cause I would rather not have to store it.

The good news is that I took a deposit on my tank and don't have to worry about moving it.

I've been looking for a way to upgrade and this essentially forces me to do so.

Now I need to get at least 80-90% of the coral sold and figure out exactly what to do with the fish.

We refuse to allow any of them to go to someone with a smaller tank than they are in as well as anything that's not fully established with a good track record of being able to care for them.

If anything I will donate them to either the Galveston Aquarium or to Sea World where they can live out their life in the Sting Ray exhibit and have plenty of room.

I'm not concerned about what they are worth as much as I am concerned on the care they will receive in the future.

If you see a picture of anything I have that you are interested in or are aware of anything I have listed in my build thread please let me know. I want everything to go to good places and be taken care of.

Archived