RSW's NEW 65 GALLON MIXED REEF

rockstarwiggle

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah..... I really really want to upgrade..... But it is more of I am just happy with thank set up and how low maintenance it has been. Plus I really don't keep this post updated. My next big purchase willl be an apex.... Just waiting for that perfect moment..... Then boom!

Probably best place to post this. But my yellow eye kole appears to have taken a turn for the worse? Is is velvet? All others seem a okay.

He swims near surface. Rapid breathing. Like he got into a fight with those weird patches of missing markings.

post-3198-0-38407000-1444091051_thumb.jp

He has been in tank for a year. All others swim great and eat. Although tonight....after studying him for About an hour his swim behavior is in and out of lethargic state. I notice no other signs of sickness other than like his scales are melted away to say the least. I will qt asap

Well Ty I waited to long. My Yellow Eye Kole is gone. Poor dude. Just this past Sunday he was darting around.

Then it gets worse....I found my Mandarin dead too!! Had him for over a year. Sucks. I will never learn to QT my fish first. I will wait til the new year to add back Kole the 2nd. Mandarin the 2nd. And Potter's the 2nd(lost him two weeks ago) I think he was the one that carried something in. But noooo I was too eager!

Sad to hear sir. Sorry for your losses!

Some quick questions, did you QT the potter's wrasse? Angel?

Where did you get it from?

Do you have any fish left?

If that is all your fish, I'd just leave it fallow for the year and then restock as planned for the new year.

Sad to hear sir. Sorry for your losses!

Some quick questions, did you QT the potter's wrasse? Angel?

Where did you get it from?

Do you have any fish left?

If that is all your fish, I'd just leave it fallow for the year and then restock as planned for the new year.

First, I think I jinxed myself. I was to loose with the care and maintenance of the tank that I don't really observe fish daily etc.

I did not QT the Potters Angel? Such a beautiful fish. I had him for a month. He and the Kole did fight at first and maybe wounds were opened.

I have 3 chromis' and a foxface, clown(I HATE HIM!!) and a PJ card and bangai card. All seem and appear healthy. They never really fought with Potter's. I will definitely leave it be for a while. I am really surprised that the mandarin perished.

Well, again, sorry for your losses. I can take coral losses but fish losses always hit me in that soft spot.

We may never know what took it down but my best guess is bacterial. It can kill within 24hrs so much scarier than marine velvet or ich to me, anyday! The mandarin doesn't actually have scales and uses it's excessive slime coat to protect itself. I'd imagine that slime coat may be very conducive to bacterial infection but that's just my best educated guess.

• 3 months later...

I have a general question for snails. Tonight I noticed what seams hundreds of tiny little snails all over tank. I have always seen them here and there..., guess I have been living under a rock.

My snail farm now so it appears.

Is there a fish that will feed on these escargo!?

They might be beneficial snails. However if you are annoyed with them, I understand. We've got hundreds of the little suckers running around, and 2x now they have been squashed by my magnet scraper and caused massive scratches in my acrylic. I have to be super careful when scraping by them. But, I like them, they're cute.

Archived