Sea fan id

ct67stang

I see your tank future becoming overly plump and beautiful from coral from Niko's Reef.

Man buddy i already had a coral hoarding problem and Niko's reef sure aint helping with all his sweet coral. And did i mention he has a 4' zoa only tank? I might as well do a direct deposit of my paycheck to his store lol

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Great looking tank Chris. No clue on the fan id but where did you get it so I can add it to my tank.

Got it from Niko's reef but it was the only one :(. Ur second in line for a frag if i can keep it alive. I have it in mid to high flow and it looks happy. Polyps open ;)

Lol kkaay and teresa got you down. Thank brian and dustin ive been meaning to do a build thread but i wanted to be ahead of the build. As for it being photosynthetic, im not sure mainly the reason i made this post. But just in case it isnt, i fed coral frenzy this morning and target fed it. Polyps closed so i hope that it ate. Would love to know its name.

I figured it was non photo. from my research most colorful gorgs and fans are non photosynthetic. I feed a lot and have 8 fish so I hope their poop and my over feeding can keep this thing alive. aint it weird that something so colorful would live in a cave,? which I assume would be a very dark place. again I hope I don't kill it. any body keeping non photo fans in yalls tank? if so id love some advise. thanks for all the support and knowledge

I feed a mix for my fans and gorgs. Even the photosynthetic gorgs (brown candelabra) will catch stuff in the water column. The green bottles of phyto are good, the oyster feast is good, ROE, but I think my gorgs like cyclopseze the best. My large photosynthetic gorg will almost completely close up as each polyp captures some of it. My gorgs are pretty large and I have many other filter feeders in the system so I feed these foods 5 of 7 days a week. I try to rotate, and feed a different 'micro' food each time for variety.

For me the phyto seems way too rich and can cause a lot of algae on the glass so I probably use it the least. (bottles last 3X longer than the bottle of Oyster Feast)

The one you got is definitely nice looking.

thanks :) but i have a couple powder foods i use for my zoas and sps just wanted to make sure that would supplement them.

I feed some thing different everyday to my tank so hopefully itll be enough.

I feel a little under pressure now that i have to.grow this thing to make all these frags lol

Archived