Pain in the Butt Trigger

Rjohn

I have a Picasso trigger (Huma Huma) that is a royal pain in the butt. He eats nearly anything and everything I try to add to the tank. I am trying to catch him but he is way too fast for me and my net. I need to borrow either a short pole with a very small hook or some kind of fish trap. Anyone have any ideas? I hate to break down all the rock just to catch him but that may be my last resort. Did I mention I have a very pretty trigger for sale?

Ric

If you use a pole and hook you must film the event...

I would suggest making or borrowing a trap for him. If he's large you may have to make your own as most of the commercial ones aren't super large. If he eats everything, it should be easy to bait him into one.

I bet if you look at either cabelas or bass pro you can get micro fishing hooks. They are also called dry fishing hooks and are used for dry fly fishing. If he picks on other fish too you could probably get a little feeder fish and put it on the hook

I've caught plenty of triggers using sardine when I go fishing, never got one in a tank tho as they are smaller. Seems like it would be fun!

I wonder if you need a fishing license in private tanks?

since its not in a state park or property you would need a licence. :D I have a trap that you are more than welcome to use. if he is quick to go at the food just put the food in the ttrap and close him in. let me know.

I caught an aquarium sized trigger while fishing in The Bahamas a few weeks ago. I felt like hell even though it wasn't me who bit the hook. We both lived so it's all good:)

Archived