anyone want a useful reference links thread/topic something?

Planeden

hey all,

people post many useful links in threads throughout the board. is there any interest (or convenient way) to have a section devoted to links. one place to say "i'm having an Ph issue..." and find one of the articles that is probably buried in some thread somewhere on here.

ideally it would be organized in some categorized way, but i am getting way out of my computer element to know what is possible and not. or, what is feasible or not. i was thinking sort of like the club items for loan thread, but i suppose it could be like the tips and tricks thread and see if we can get a consistent tagging system to make it fairly searchable.

any interest or ideas?

i was thinking more literally about just a list of links to various articles and research. timfish posted several links to a series of studies done by penn state about chemestry, skimmers, GAC, etc. subsea has often posted links to various sites with information about macros and refugiums. so i was thinking it would be handy for someone who either forgot to bookmark it when they saw it, or someone that wasn't following the thread to be able to go find those in one place.

organizationally that breakdown is handy, but quite daunting i would imagine.

i was thinking more literally about just a list of links to various articles and research. timfish posted several links to a series of studies done by penn state about chemestry, skimmers, GAC, etc. subsea has often posted links to various sites with information about macros and refugiums. so i was thinking it would be handy for someone who either forgot to bookmark it when they saw it, or someone that wasn't following the thread to be able to go find those in one place.

organizationally that breakdown is handy, but quite daunting i would imagine.

The problem with links is that they can go stale and stop working. The idea of the Resource section is to pull that content here locally (with attribution) so that we make sure we always have it.

We definitely could use a revitalization of the Resource section and are currently working on adding our Critter-pedia , so when you see content that you feel should be in the Resource section please let me or a Mod know (Mitch, Robb in Austin) and we'll work go get and keep it updated. Make sense?

SNAP! that just happened.. wink.png

did not. smile.png

Totally did. smile.png

vVVtX.gif

Archived