New Kessil 360WE

Jpowell490

Thought I would make a new thread about this instead of posting in the LED thread.

I received this today and have had it on the tank just about 4 hours. They didn't change the cosmetics or LED layout that I see. They did change the wording on the knobs that now read "color" and "intensity". They do the same thing as the 360W, just changed the words.

Now for the interesting part. The 360W power supply is 48v. This new 360WE is 19v and runs a little hotter. The LED itself now emits a bit of heat which is interesting and plays into a theory I have.

The coverage is better than before as there is 0 shadowing period with this version. There was very little before, but 0 with this version.

Also interesting, is that my coral PE just went crazy! I have seen that out if the Radion Pro when you initially put the light on. Now, I am seeing it out of this Kessil. They definitely changed the spectral efficiency as the corals have already, seriously, changed for the better.

If I had to guess, I think they turned up the UV output. They coral fluorescent colors have increased.

I probably should be a salesman for Kessil, lol. In all honesty, this is a fantastic version and they obviously made strides in the output. It isn't much brighter, but definitely better.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I dropped the 350 in the tank one time and after drying the lamp had no problems lol

You're forgetting to mention how you drove like a crazy person as fast as possible over to work to do some special electronic-drying thing :P It sure worked though!

What are the dimensions of your tank, how many kessils are you running, and why did you choose the wide angle ones?

60 cube, 24x24x24. Running 1 Kessil as it covers that area just fine. I ran 2 over the tank and 1 covers better on a cube, strange as that sounds.

I chose the wide angle because it is a 24 inch deep tank. If you have a 36-60 inch deep tank or something, get the Narrow. Narrow is very centered and does not cover that well in my opinion.

• Like 1

I meant to post this as well. The new WE version has a simple male/female plug in. The 360W had a weird T connector that was very easy to damage if you didn't have it lined up perfectly because you had to put quite a bit of pressure on them to connect it.

Just really good improvements and definitely an upgrade. I can tell very quickly how a light is going to do for corals and this one is top notch.

As you can see, I'm never afraid to ask a stupid question. Keeps me humble:)

too be fair, my stupid question is "was the marketing department fired after rolling out tuna blue?". that sounds like something that happens when everyone is sitting around hammered and come up with something "hilarious". unfortunately, they didn't seem to wake up the next day and realize what they had done. no one should be allowed to be that sloshed at work.

Lol, that is funny.

Useless fact of the day, the big complaint on the first Kessil LED's is that they weren't "tunable".

Therefore, they added a tunable blue channel that was the 350. Hence the "tuna blue".

I know way too much about these lights lol.....