FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

It's the Rainbow Fish! (A children's book reference, you should get it. And get The Pout Pout Fish too. That's my favorite) Anyway, that's definitely an excellent addition :)

Sent from Sissy's phone

I'm pretty excited because it came full circle. An exquisite wrasse was my first wrasse I ever had and its nice to have another again.
  • Like 2

Oh so pretty!

Thanks Jimbo, its nice to have a wrasse back in the tank again.

Maybe one day I too will have another wrasse in my tank. hmm.png
Well don't let me come over and catch your fish again then... [emoji17]

LOL...no...was referring to my naoko's wrasse that jump out of the frag tank less than 24 hrs before he was going to go in the new tank.

• Like 1

This picture is magical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Peter!

Yeah, I think Ty is always going to take fish pictures with the giant green slimer stag contrasted against a blue background form now on poke.gif

You think it was easy waiting for a wrasse to flash I front of that scene? I was wearing an acro suit to camouflage.

No kidding. I've got a ruby head fairy wrasse I have yet to get a single picture of because it never slows down enough to get anything beyond a grainy blur

• Like 1

Haven't been able to play much with the tank lately because I've been swamped with work but I did finally get a Samsung Note7 replacement... Say hello to my new LG V20, my 3rd new phone in 2 months. [emoji19]

I got to test out the camera tonight. I'm pretty happy with the results.

9119fbfa302ede7bf3e2ee2564c18468.jpg

How's that long polyp turbinaria? Have you seen that particular one grown out or is it an experiment?

Edited by Sascha D.

No kidding. I've got a ruby head fairy wrasse I have yet to get a single picture of because it never slows down enough to get anything beyond a grainy blur

I got lucky. I chased him like a fool and snapped 50 pics. Most were just a blur but this one came out decent enough. The beauty of digital photography, take a million and keep the one.

I was wondering how long you sat there waiting for the wrasse to swim in front of it and none of your other fish were there at the same time. You've got too much time on your hands!

What time?! That's why I have to farm out my purple queen anthia QT'ing! [emoji23]

Haven't been able to play much with the tank lately because I've been swamped with work but I did finally get a Samsung Note7 replacement... Say hello to my new LG V20, my 3rd new phone in 2 months. [emoji19]

How's that long polyp turbinaria? Have you seen that particular one grown out or is it an experiment?
The picture Reefbuilder posted in an article years ago had me enamored with this thing. It was gorgeous as a colony. I'm hoping I can grow it out and achieve the same look.
  • Like 1

The picture Reefbuilder posted in an article years ago had me enamored with this thing. It was gorgeous as a colony. I'm hoping I can grow it out and achieve the same look.
Heres the article. Just a stunner of a coral when a full colony.

https://reefbuilders.com/2014/05/09/turbinaria-heronensis-incredible-story-coral-comeback/

• Like 2

Well, saw a challenge and dived head first into it.

I introduce you to acropora abrotanoides, aka the acro that will turn brown and die on you, and acropora spathulata, aka why did you just throw money away?

They both have terrible survival rates but I thought it would be a fun challenge. I actually had an abrotainoides growing about 2 years back but lost it when I shuffled some acros around. Hopefully I'll get growth and color off this guy aa well.

Abro

06a8fa1ab7ae2de186c719789dc322a7.jpg

Spath

bfdeebf04580468b231bf7e69c0a9139.jpg

0ff1d5139d41df57b8f8dc372ece31ba.jpg

Good luck! Seems like your tank is ready to me ....

Thank you sir. Time will tell!

This seems like a fun challenge. Where'd you find them?

From the Dome. They just got a shipment in that day of acros. I'm pretty sure they are tracking me with GPS and just put new ones out when I am close in the area.
  • Like 1

Well, that experiment ended quickly. In hindsite, I should have maybe gone with a less harsh dipping process for these sensitive acros. I dipped in Bayer for 20 mins, 2 hrs of potassium dip, and 2 hrs of interceptor before adding to tank.

Let me introduce you to my new experiment, can I keep an abrotanoides alive... [emoji6]

303cf2dced78c81dbafb8937ff7cc7eb.jpg