FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

They're all so lovely...but I am most drawn to that brilliant forest green one. Is that a Montipora digitata?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Peter! This one?

5f30dc26d79de531f54477427f05cded.jpg

Noooooope, that's lovely, but definitely an acro. I meant the deep green one in the very last pic.

• Like 1

They're all so lovely...but I am most drawn to that brilliant forest green one. Is that a Montipora digitata?

Thanks Peter! This one?

Noooooope, that's lovely, but definitely an acro. I meant the deep green one in the very last pic.

Ohhh... the green slimer acro.

Thanks Peter! This one?

Ohhh... the green slimer acro.
It is an acro? It's such a brilliant color; I think I just developed a new appreciation for slimers!

Yep, that last pic shows the acroness. What a beauty! It's so fuzzy! [emoji76]

Edited by Peter Gott

Yeah, they used to be so common that people started to avoid it and then all of a sudden, nobody had it anymore. Now everybody wants a piece back. Can't beat their radioactive green color and thick branches and how it can dominate an aquascape.

Yeah, they used to be so common that people started to avoid it and then all of a sudden, nobody had it anymore. Now everybody wants a piece back. Can't beat their radioactive green color and thick branches and how it can dominate an aquascape.

Dominate is exactly the right word. And that color is so rich and deep; so many acros, while lovely, are so light or bright. The only other acro in your tank that rivals the slimer for depth of color is that purple one with green polyps that looks like a GARF bonsai. Anyways I'm done dominating this thread; excellent diversity and spread--I love it!

• Like 1

Dominate is exactly the right word. And that color is so rich and deep; so many acros, while lovely, are so light or bright. The only other acro in your tank that rivals the slimer for depth of color is that purple one with green polyps that looks like a GARF bonsai. Anyways I'm done dominating this thread; excellent diversity and spread--I love it!

My Oregon Tort has literally punched people in the mouth as they have come into the house. [emoji12]

a86401183c7e6f0652f488cb7dc90eef.jpg

• Like 1

My Oregon Tort has literally punched people in the mouth as they have come into the house. [emoji12]

Ok I take it back.

Duuuuuuude I wanna see your tank irl now, lol. This is making me gain appreciation for acros. Obviously I need to set aside a couple of hours to go through this whole build thread!

• Like 1

Ok I take it back.

Duuuuuuude I wanna see your tank irl now, lol. This is making me gain appreciation for acros. Obviously I need to set aside a couple of hours to go through this whole build thread!

Oh man, its a time suck Peter! We only use it to punish people who have been bad on ARC.
  • Like 1

[emoji1] hahaha! It's not a time suck, it's entertainment!

Ty, thanks for the videos! Noah was so flattered and thoroughly enjoyed them. Oh, by the way, they helped to reiterate "the talk" I had with him the other day..Forget the birds and bees, it's the spawning urchin now Lol! [emoji12] I'm kidding, it was fine. He has such a scientific mind it's just facts to him. Thank you again!

Mandarins spawning

https://youtu.be/7S6NZl5s-z8

Clownfish spawning

https://youtu.be/ATHgywxJ6F0

Mini brittle stars spawning

https://youtu.be/TChi1NTAL-s

Deresa clam spawning

https://youtu.be/kNkRRvlRqDE

Fungia plate spawning

https://youtu.be/RjG83_aWqyI

Sent from Sissy's phone

I think I see a bit of cleared sand bed Ty. Better get on that and fill it up with more acros.

Anyone remember the tank on the other forum, Formosa Forest. One of my top 5 tanks.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1216333

Would love to do this with my current tank but I have a hard time with only buying 1 or 2 species of coral.

[emoji1] hahaha! It's not a time suck, it's entertainment!

Ty, thanks for the videos! Noah was so flattered and thoroughly enjoyed them. Oh, by the way, they helped to reiterate "the talk" I had with him the other day..Forget the birds and bees, it's the spawning urchin now Lol! [emoji12] I'm kidding, it was fine. He has such a scientific mind it's just facts to him. Thank you again!

No problem... Glad kids are learning the birds and the bees from my build thread. It's expanding its global mission now. [emoji12]

Ahhhh, I member green slingers being everywhere! Huge stag colonies of green slimers is one of the things that made me fall in love with SPS dominated tanks

Yeah, I'm hoping to make you fall in love with mine... that's why I really added it.

I think I see a bit of cleared sand bed Ty. Better get on that and fill it up with more acros.

Anyone remember the tank on the other forum, Formosa Forest. One of my top 5 tanks.

Would love to do this with my current tank but I have a hard time with only buying 1 or 2 species of coral.

Hey, don't take my little bit of work finding an actual clear spot of sand away from me! How dare you link another build thread to my build thread! I'm going to cut off access to you sir! [emoji33]
  • Like 1

Yeah that was a beautiful tank!

I remember an article in Tropical Fish Magazine about keeping ghost moray eels and the tank the article was written on was just full of large branching staghorn coral, maybe it was slimer. And I just fell in love with the look of large staghorns after that.

Tropical Fish Magazine.... man doh.gif

So this happened today...

49f34b5d7e4a10ef049c234d9e2de0f2.jpg

d13637f24b40aafc08b80d85e369cb2f.jpg

53f1977c75ae05cbe4c992e881c8216c.jpg

d26a990239035d5f9f639edf42f933c6.jpg

Beginner SPS... gone!

I'll be adding a couple more rocks in that spot to increase the height a bit and then glue all colonies to their final spots and have a clear sandbed again. There will be some changes to SPS placement so be ready!

• Like 2