FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

We really need to do a comparison test on our Mg levels. I can't believe your Mg is at 1400 and I can't get mine above 1200 without daily dosing TechM!

Is there a reason you prefer dosing potassium nitrate to raise nutrients instead of dosing natural foods like zooplankton and phytoplankton? I know I'm pretty pro "all-natural" techniques in the reef, but I would think the corals would benefit more from catching their minerals and nutrients in a form they are accustomed to. I'll dose some reef nutrition at night whenever I'm home and I seem to get great growth and color in the following days.

I think your Mg test is broken... either that or you need to stick to your day job... Or wait... you're a scientist during the day. Career change? (He's a good bud folks... a ribbing is expected)[emoji23]

From memory, I think ammonium is the most readily uptaken form but don't quote me on that.

I prefer to have a stable base of 5ppm of nitrates for the corals but I do feed micro foods such as coral frenzy and dose amino acids about 2x/week. I'd do all of this a lot less if I actually had fish in the tank. That may be awhile though... [emoji19]

Best I could diagram. There's a pump behind the rock structure on the right that pushes water up and into the sterilizer from the bottom. Water exits the sterilizer at the top and then is channeled behind the left rock structure back into the display tank.

0f6a7f2921b6a1adb21f19819a1e434d.jpg

• Like 1

Those are amazing pictures! I want an exploding phone too!

Wait around a month a I have a sneaking suspicion there will be a large number of refurbished Note 7's for your choosing.
Jst keep it on your belt in a clip so it explodes away from you. Not in your pocket. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Finally fired up my UV sterilizer last night. I'm using a 114-watt model that roughly measures 3 feet wide and uses two bulbs. There isn't anything going through it that's coming back out alive! Muahahahaha! The mad scientist has returned!

3cf34a4e22b9f5d75967e666a124e694.jpg

• Like 1

I'd marry this new regulator if Texas law would recognize it.

22dc1ee71b606538a2fea08ef8f61b1c.jpg

7a1a490759e6648cbe1339622cd50f43.jpg

Wow, it's been 10 days since I last measured my alk. 7.4 dKh... today 7.5 dKh! Woohoo! [emoji7]

Tank is ready for my +1 in March and the ensuing neglect that will follow. [emoji4]

• Like 3

Tank is ready for my +1 in March and the ensuing neglect that will follow. [emoji4]

I thought you said no more frag tanks! [emoji317] congrats sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you just call my wife a frag tank? [emoji47]

Oh man, wait until I tell her that one. I'll point you out at the next meeting too. [emoji6]

• Like 2

Finally fired up my UV sterilizer last night. I'm using a 114-watt model that roughly measures 3 feet wide and uses two bulbs. There isn't anything going through it that's coming back out alive! Muahahahaha! The mad scientist has returned!

3cf34a4e22b9f5d75967e666a124e694.jpg

You know what that looks like to me?

xT1XGLtjjDfqIjJCO4.gif

• Like 2