FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

Thanks for posting the reef in the sky link. I had been following that thread a few weeks ago and was on page 20 something and somehow lost it when tapatalk reset and couldn't rememeber what it was called. Man that guy takes the cake on the award for ultra detailed and clean infrastructure planning and building. I haven't even jumped to the end to see what became of it. Or even what it looks like with livestock yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for posting the reef in the sky link. I had been following that thread a few weeks ago and was on page 20 something and somehow lost it when tapatalk reset and couldn't rememeber what it was called. Man that guy takes the cake on the award for ultra detailed and clean infrastructure planning and building. I haven't even jumped to the end to see what became of it. Or even what it looks like with livestock yet

Spoiler alert, he just shut it down. [emoji17]

Reef in the sky was one of the first build threads I read when I was contemplating getting into the hobby. Such a cool tank, I just wish it wasn't zeovit.

Are you still using the Ocean Revive LEDs?

Yes sir! Definitely happy with my purchase.

my amp graph isnt as pretty as your temp one after pulling out 5 pumps and replacing w/ one *lol* hows your amp graph look post LED?

attachicon.gifexplorer_2016-02-25_11-35-25.png

Here's my amp graph. I'm running 3 amps less when I removed the last 400-watt MH.

42ea4528e66ba9be28dbfcf7bc00f210.jpg

All 3 of my LED fixtures TOGETHER use 2.5 amps versus the one MH using 3 amps and before, I was running 3 400-watt MH fixtures that were drawing 9 amps total. Going from 9 amps to 2.5 amps is awesome, and I'm not even including the fact that the chiller doesn't need to run anymore.

• Like 3

True the heater does run a bit more but having made a near identical switch myself, it's not a total wash and despite the wattage label on the heater being comparable, in my case anyway. I'm still running significantly less average amperage than I was with mh.

Should help in the summer months. My tank is eating up electricity now trying to keep above 78, but I'm sure in the summer the heater won't ever come one. And when your AC is running all day in the summer, not running a chiller on the tank will help with the electricity bill.