FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

Nah that starfish is just chillin' admiring the view.

Cool looking gonioporas, do you plan on placing them close to each other and creating that garden type look?

I'm not really sure yet but the thought did occur to me. I've always appreciated the flowiness of the gonis to offset the lack of movement from the SPS so I may disperse them around the tank as well.

The person I got them from had good growth from these guys without feeding so that's why I pulled the trigger. I do feed my tank a ton so I'd imagine there will be a lot of suspended food that they may get. I also feed a micro food about 2x/week (reef chili and coral frenzy) so that should hopefully help too. We will find out. I had one last about a year in my last tank but it was a wild one from AquaSD. Hopefully these aquacultered one's have a better success rate.

Those goni's are lookin' great!

Any fear the Emperor will use them as a snack?

There's always a fear! But he's left the goniopora in my tank alone this whole time so hopefully he doesn't think his cousin's are tasty... or at least ex-cousins.

Some pics I took for fun tonight.

That RCA Baton Rouge Tort is coloring up nicely!

d89d8aae40ab7dc9a8ec36d9d5eb56e1.jpg

Can anybody spot the ice fire echinata? [emoji12]

62fe72ff150e5ebfd1e64071bea36dac.jpg

No idea what this is but the subtle colors are mesmerizing to me.

2f59c391c17873088ee60debd62e1f74.jpg

What better backdrop than a Colorado Sunburst anemone behind a Pearlberry colony?

b6f14b0f96c23e41c4db5a795ecd8c7b.jpg

You got me. It's just pretty.

7326b0814f1fdbbc51fc630960c12c80.jpg

FarmerTy Ectoplasm

a48aa77d7d02407d981fd965e255a1a1.jpg

• Like 1

I finally moved my powder blue tang, purple tang, and flame angel into the main tank. Here's my whole fish population, minus anthias towards the beginning of next year.

Yes, I've used that background music before but it's just plain awesome so I had to use it again.

• Like 1

Aussie echinata! RCA had a gorgeous colony they are fragging right now!

fedd385328e63abb4041af11c1bf4945.jpg

Who wants to make bets on how long this frag will live in captivity?
Oh man, woke up this morning to some odd RTN in a couple random frags in the sump. All parameters check out but its making me nervous. I'm sure it has to do with my CaRX effluent flow issues but that isn't helping me sleep at night.

Saw a little STN but nothing serious in the DT. I cut the ice fire echinata in half because I noticed a little STN on its base. I glued the offending STN and placed that bottom piece in another portion of the tank and the healthy top half I reglued back in place.

I hope you placed your bets on 3 months or less on the ice fire echinata Gig'em. [emoji16]

Bean animals hate on the 'no water changes' thread is messing with you. Stay strong young farmer. The force is strong with your fire, and ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, you caught that, didn't you. [emoji41]

It's alright... I've never seen his tank but I can give kudos to his plumbing skills! [emoji106]

Bean animals hate on the 'no water changes' thread is messing with you. Stay strong young farmer. The force is strong with your fire, and ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, you caught that, didn't you. [emoji41]

It's alright... I've never seen his tank but I can give kudos to his plumbing skills! [emoji106]

Are you getting into fights with plumbing legends?