Ethical Question

KarenM

Would you buy used equip from a person if they tell you they bought it new, but you know the person they bought it used from?

Without all the details it is hard to say. If they say they bought it new and then used it and are selling it as used, I wouldn't make a big deal if the deal is good. On the other hand if they bought it used and are trying to sell it as new I would walk away unless the deal is super good. Obviously the more serious the purchase the more cautious I would be. I wouldn't sweat a $15 powerhead for instance, but I would think twice about a 240g tank that may have been sitting for 10 years or whatever.

Would you buy used equip from a person if they tell you they bought it new, but you know the person they bought it used from?

I've had to deal w/ this alot...first thing is to inspect it (while doing so ask if they can go any cheaper), make sure the item is in full working order..ask about warranties, the orignal place purchased so forth. If the truth hasn't come out by then give them the price your willing to pay and tell them you know who they got it from. Most ppl are looking for a $ and will look online at what items are going for and try to get a little under the "new" prices.