New to reef keeping in Georgetown

Deanfe

Hello, I am new to reef keeping, and just picked up a JBJ 28 Nanocube. I currently have a cichlid tank and have always been interested in getting into the saltwater hobby and have finally decided to go for it. I will be looking for advice on here regarding setting up the aquarium since I am starting fresh, looking to do a coral aquarium, and stocking with corals that are not hard for a newbie. I have seen other members on here from Georgetown, and would also like to get to together locally just to discuss options on care/stocking of the aquarium.

Thanks Dean

hola, I've been using a similarly sized tank, and if i can make a humble recommendation, get your tank drilled and add a sump if it's at all possible, it will really open up the possibilities in terms of equipment. 

I love my drilled biocube

• Like 1

Hello, I am new to reef keeping, and just picked up a JBJ 28 Nanocube. I currently have a cichlid tank and have always been interested in getting into the saltwater hobby and have finally decided to go for it. I will be looking for advice on here regarding setting up the aquarium since I am starting fresh, looking to do a coral aquarium, and stocking with corals that are not hard for a newbie. I have seen other members on here from Georgetown, and would also like to get to together locally just to discuss options on care/stocking of the aquarium.

Thanks Dean

Welcome Dean! Lots of members live up north, and you're joining just in time for our September Meeting (9/21) - we hold them each month on the 3rd Saturday at various locations. There are door prizes free for attending and if we know newbies are coming we bring free frags of common easy-to-grow corals to help get you started. Start a build thread in the Tank Builds forum and you can track your progress. In a year you won't believe where you started from. :)