Jebao wp25

Sherita

I just got my Jebao WP-25 today, and have it in my 5' shallow acrylic tank to test it out. What I can tell you so far: these things are *powerful*, and move far more water than an MP10 (which I also have). It's super quiet compared to the MP10, with no buzzing, whining, roaring, etc. I have it set on the lowest power, and even at that I had to move it about and change the location and position in the tank to keep it from splashing water out of the tank, and blowing my zoas all around (zoas weren't amused by this). The flow is chaotic and random, and immediately began pulling detritus into suspension in the water column (detritus that the MP10 did NOT get into suspension). Setup was simple, the directions are not difficult to follow.

I paid $80 shipped for the wp25, it came from Phoenix, AZ, and arrived in four days. I've heard complaints that the bracket was flimsy, but it appears no more or less robust than brackets found with comparable powerheads from Tunze. The power cords are more than adequate in lenghth, allowing you to place the controller where you want. The magnet mount for the powerhead is strong and holds the powerhead in place very well.

For the price, it can't be beat. Yes, there is a cord going into the tank, but since I keep rare/expensive wrasses in all of my tanks, they all have canopies with screens of some sort or another. The cord in the tank doesn't bother me as much as paying a big chunk of money for an MP10 bothers me. I'm pretty well sold on the wp25. I will be buying at least two more, and two of the wp40 as well (for my 140 and my 90 column).

I think my MP10 is going to be looking for a new home very, very soon.

• Like 1

The flow pattern seems to be very broad and quite chaotic. My shallow acrylic tank is 24" wide, and it's pushing water up both sides of the tank (wp25 is mounted at the far end of the 5' tank). I had to turn it down, it was splashing water over the eurobracing and onto the wall.

Anybody interested in a cable for Victoly to mod for you, let me know. I will order them Monday morning. Please confirm with Victoly first if he can do it for you.

-Ty

Wait...what?...these can be used with apex?...really?...looks like I have another reason to look for one

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2