mp40 or wp40?

Funkness

I don't think an MP40 is anywhere near enough flow for that tank. I use 1 on my 50 gallon at about 75% as well as 2 MP10's at 100%. I don't know what they base their ratings on but I've been contemplating a MP60 and MP40 for the 90 I'm moving up to.

Mp40. American made ftw

i agree but they are also american priced ;) lol i have no issues with buying them but if i can use a chinese product and spend the extra money on idk say lights? :) i mostly just want to see how people like one over the other and such

Yeah American priced sucks and replacement parts are American priced as well lol. I have no experience with the wp but because my tank is rimless I chose the mp40 so I don't have wires goin into the tank.

I've had MP40's and MP20's over the years. However, I recently purchased a WP40 and LOVE IT!!! Price was great. It does have alternating flow and can push a great amount of water when it's set as such. They are limited to a degree when compared to the MP's but they work great for what we need. I'll see how long it holds up but as of now I'm sold on the product and the price.

you left out tunze...

lol

Anyway i think at the moment the only thing that is stopping me from doing the wp40 over the mp40 is that the wp cant be programmed together without some type of controller from what i understand and that is with some mods to the wp please correct me if i am wrong on this but i would like to make the 2 work together without a controller if need be and i can do that with a mp40 correct? but now that jestep pointed out that he doesnt think that the mp 40s will be enough flow for the tank i keep second geussing but does the wp40 put out more flow then the mp40?

Nah, we don't. I actually got mine on here when Woods put together the group buy. IMO the WP40 pushes out more, but maybe I'm bias because the price. I know you can program the MP40, but don't believe you can the WP40. At least I don't know how.

i think i am leaning towards the wp40s but question is if i were to get 2 of them where you you guys place them on a 135 deep with duel overflows? i am thinking just one on each side but i dont know

Try placing where you want, if you don't get the results, move them :)

i am more talking about height wise lol but thank you bio for your reasponce smile.png

Oh height wise I would stay towards above middle of the tank just because I dont like blowing sand around and I like the surface to ripple slightly. After a couple months when the sand gets colonized and holds better I'd drop them lower if I saw dead spots I wanted to remove.

Or add an MP40 to that are :P

Agree with Bio. I placed them in the middle, and I've still have issues with them blowing sand. I have to angle them slightly to the back of the tank to avoid sand being blown. I could probably turn them down to avoid that, but I really like the flow I get with them on full blast. Like the surface ripple as well.