Where do people get their CO2 tanks refilled?

Mitch

I used to get my CO2 tank refilled @ Airgas on N Lamar, but they don't do it onsite any more. Last year I used AAA Fire & Safety and they seemed fine ($15 for 5lb tank). I know there's Austin Home Brew ($3/lb), but if I remember correctly people complained that they weren't so particular about filling the tank to it's max. Fish Gallery is supposed to, but they currently aren't (not set up yet is my guess).

Anyways, I just wanted to solicit peeps' most recent preferences and experiences.

TIA

I stopped using air gas after watching an employee and manager belittle a lady to the point she cried. She asked foe a large bottle to be delivered downtown and said they have been doing it for years but the employee and manager belittled her the whole time. Even talking about her like she wasn't standing in the shop. As she left I heard them talking and the manager started laughing mentioning how they finally might have gotten rid of the 6th street delivery hell once and for all. After I saw that they told me they wouldn't fill my co2 bottle until they had enough bottles to justify running the machine and it would take 3 weeks to get enough bottles, I saw 23 bottles already sitting waiting to be filled. I explained to them that after seeing how they treat people I'd take my bottle elsewhere.

I then went to homebrew who filled my 7 lb capacity bottle to 10 lb. I doubt it really filled to that amount but the guys were friendly and it was a nice place to window shop while I waited.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

AAA.

I was very disappointed in home brew the last 2 times I went, and not for under-filling. Apart from that it's easily 3x more expensive compared to AAA. Airgas wont fill for non-industrial use at all last time I tried.

I don't do refills.

I purchased a tank from a local welding supply, and drop it off for exchange when it is empty. Don't have to worry about waiting or the inspections.

They charged 25 bucks last time I went and I'm using the large 25# canister. Try a local auto parts or weld shop. It is the same gas. Many of the local restaurants use the same place I do as they are open 7 days a week.

I don't do refills.

I purchased a tank from a local welding supply, and drop it off for exchange when it is empty.   Don't have to worry about waiting or the inspections.

They charged 25 bucks last time I went and I'm using the large 25# canister.   Try a local auto parts or weld shop.  It is the same gas.   Many of the local restaurants use the same place I do as they are open 7 days a week.

What's the name of the store?

I don't do refills.

I purchased a tank from a local welding supply, and drop it off for exchange when it is empty. Don't have to worry about waiting or the inspections.

They charged 25 bucks last time I went and I'm using the large 25# canister. Try a local auto parts or weld shop. It is the same gas. Many of the local restaurants use the same place I do as they are open 7 days a week.

Industrial CO2 bottle lasted me close to two years, when used on a calcium reactor on a large grow out system.

Patrick

PS. When using industrial bottles, you most pay upfront a full bottle deposit fee. Thereafter, it is inexpensive to changeout. Because most of my systems were outside grow out the 5' bottle was not a cosmetic problem in my garage. With good poly tubing, the bottle can be hidden with only tubing going to your calcium reactor.

Patrick

Archived