Just a friendly reminder to calibrate your equipment frequently

victoly

My TDS meter for my RODI unit was off by more than 200 ppm! Fortunately it was off in the direction that wouldnt mean that I have high TDS water, but its still good to know that it is operating properly now. A small gripe about the dual tds probe meters, YOU CANT CALIBRATE EACH PROBE INDIVIDUALLY? Whose great idea was that?

My TDS meter for my RODI unit was off by more than 200 ppm! Fortunately it was off in the direction that wouldnt mean that I have high TDS water, but its still good to know that it is operating properly now. A small gripe about the dual tds probe meters, YOU CANT CALIBRATE EACH PROBE INDIVIDUALLY? Whose great idea was that?

Guess next time I'll buy two singles. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

BRS. Looking for a local source though, i went through about a half bottle trying to get it done correctly (ie., rinsing the probes 3x in cal solution, then fully submerging and repeating for the second probe).

there is a small

how do you calibrate the brs dual meter?

there is a small hole in the back of the meter that has an adjustment screw. I took the whole back plate off to make it easier to turn. You take the probes out and give them a thorough (i like triple) rinse in cal solution. then you set them in solution and leave them a minute to stabilize, then you turn the screw until it equals whatever standard you're using (i use 342). I ended up just calibrating to the outlet probe, since that's the only one that really has any bearing on if i take an action (i.e., changing DI resin).

there is a small

there is a small hole in the back of the meter that has an adjustment screw. I took the whole back plate off to make it easier to turn. You take the probes out and give them a thorough (i like triple) rinse in cal solution. then you set them in solution and leave them a minute to stabilize, then you turn the screw until it equals whatever standard you're using (i use 342). I ended up just calibrating to the outlet probe, since that's the only one that really has any bearing on if i take an action (i.e., changing DI resin).

so there is a single screw that adjust two displays? just trying to figure out how they are adjusted together? since i don't have one it is just curiosity, so feel free to ignore the question :).

there is a small

so there is a single screw that adjust two displays? just trying to figure out how they are adjusted together? since i don't have one it is just curiosity, so feel free to ignore the question smile.png.

Yeah, doesnt make any **** sense to me. maybe I'm missing something.... Single screw, single display, two probes. It probably just mirrors the adjustment from one probe to another which is ridiculous.

Yeah, doesnt make any **** sense to me. maybe I'm missing something.... Single screw, single display, two probes. It probably just mirrors the adjustment from one probe to another which is ridiculous.

that is pretty messed up. if you want to borrow my TDS meter to compare the results feel free :).

Funny you should mention that victoly. I did the exact same thing yesterday. Been using my hm dual meter for a year now and the batteries recently went kaput. I have noticed unusually long life on my DI resin and RO membrane. Decided to order some 342 ppm calibration solution.

Mine was about 150 ppm too high on its reading. Calibrated using the "out" probe. It read the calibration fluid at about 500 ppm. Looks like I'm still good to go. Hate how short the shelf life is on this stuff