Wizard's Rimless 120g build

wizardx322

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Lookin good man, when you gona start puttin it together?

sometime next week

I don't remember what you called, but I'm loving the external overflow. Next tank I get....

planet aquarium calls it external center overflow depending on the company building the tank will have different names

I don't remember what you called, but I'm loving the external overflow. Next tank I get....

planet aquarium calls it external center overflow depending on the company building the tank will have different names

Ha. So I missed it by one word?

Ha. So I missed it by one word?

yup lol

Well got the tank to my house on Sunday forgot to mention that my tank came with the back already black which is great for me!

started doing the plumbing today. I got the overflow done now I need to drill my sump and then I can finish the plumbing.

Since I couldn't really set anything else up below the tank I went ahead and set up my Neptune APEX. Got the network set up and set up on my phone also

I plan on doing some new things with my Apex this time around.

I am going to setup Apex to control

Tunze 6105 x4

cabinet light to turn on when I open the door

ATO

Feed button

for the people who do not have a controller you can have your cabinet light turn on through motion sensor. they sell them at Wal-mart and lowe's

post-1543-0-48423700-1374551047_thumb.jp

post-1543-0-99427800-1374551078_thumb.jp

r u gonna run 4 6105s? that's a lot of flow... I have 2 in my tank and a big wavebox and that's enough. I guess u can turn them down (is a good thing)

hmm....maybe i will just go with 2 then

got my return done today

post-1543-0-43247300-1374990697.jpg

and things come together. I see a close resemblance to another sump local. Day by day things get close to getting wet. Can wait to see it all turning the motions. Also on the 90 degrees you have in the box, they are gonna make ALOT of noise. Do you have enough room to turn them inboard andput another 90 facing down? (making it a 180 degree fitting) U can cut the 2nd 90 right at the radius down if its to long.i will post a pic with my phone next.

• 3 weeks later...

Well finally got my lazy self up and hung the hardware for my AI Vegas. Got the sand in the tank set up some dry rock and the tank is being filled!

Also got my 6105 on the tank and about 2 weeks ago set up my feed button and my cabinet light to turn on when I open the door.

Gotta love that Apex.

Still have a little bit to do but it's finally coming along.

post-1543-0-45914700-1377209582_thumb.jp

lookin good tim. home stretch.

thanks, it will be done tomorrow after my doctor apt.

How is it coming Tim? Sorry I didn't make it by. U get it figured out?

Everything is good, its cool maybe another time. I just decided to keep it how it is.

Did you get the hanging kit for the Vegas or is that a mount stickin up behind the tank? Rock work looks cool from what you can see. Is it set up or is it Gona move?

Got the Ext hanging kit and got the lights hung up tonight and programmed the wireless controller, I don't like my rock work but I'm lazy maybe some day soon I will redo it. I still got about another 50 - 70lbs of live rock sitting around.

Archived