Wizard's Rimless 120g build

wizardx322

Well its been a some months now with out a tank and all my medical stuff is going great, so I thought it was time to start a new tank.

I wanted to go Huge but I will be moving in a year or so and dont want to move a big tank so i decided on a 105 gal tank

I love the DSA 105 Rimless but decided to go with Planet Aquarium to build my tank. I will be ordering through Jake at River City Aquatics. It will be at least a month from now until I get my tank. But in the past couple of moneys I have bought almost everything I need except the tank.

I want to go mixed reef on this tank I think but prob turn into a sps tank haha

Tank:

Rimless with flush center external overflow (didn't want a internal overflow)

48' X 24" X 21" H Now is going to be 48" X24"X25"h

Planet Aquarium wooden stand

Equipment will be mostly new

2 X AI Vega Color with wireless controller or directors cut (waiting for it to come out)

Full Neptune Apex with break out box for ATO and Netgear WNCE2001 as a bridge

2 X Tunze 6105 (controlled by Apex)

External Reeflo Dart/Snapper Hybrid Gold (1900 gph or 3600 gph)

Pm sump (got used)

Eshopp 3 Probe holder (can hold 2 probes and the apex temp probe)

Skimz SK 181 Cone Skimmer (loved my sm201)

2 X Two Little Fishy 150 phosban reactor ( GFO and Carbon)

JNS Biopellet Reactor

Aquamedic 36w UV Sterilizer (yes i know its overkill but I already had it from my 190 gal)

Geo Calcium reactor

300w Finnex heater

2 X 55 Water storage

Don't think I need a chiller but will tackle that when time comes.

Can't wait to start this tank so excited

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See, only a matter of time until he is back! I knew you couldn't stay away bud!

Let me know when that tank is ready for frags. I still got a ton of your original SPS corals in my tank. You know you'll turn back to the dark side... SPS.

-Ty

Get mitch to make you a breakoutbox, his are legit smile.png

ya I saw but wanted to try out the break out box from neptune first if that fails then i'll talk to mitch

See, only a matter of time until he is back! I knew you couldn't stay away bud!

Let me know when that tank is ready for frags. I still got a ton of your original SPS corals in my tank. You know you'll turn back to the dark side... SPS.

-Ty

I can see that happening lol

I'm participating in the beta program for the AI Director. Once I get it set up you're more than welcome to come check it out. I ordered it yesterday...waiting to see when they ship it.

James

I'm participating in the beta program for the AI Director. Once I get it set up you're more than welcome to come check it out. I ordered it yesterday...waiting to see when they ship it.

James

thats awesome i wanted to participate but haven't gotten the email hopefully I will get one soon.

Ya I was reading on reef central about everyone getting the email. I think they will do it in waves and funny thing is they using everyone as ginepigs to make it better before the release of directors cut.

Hey Tim. Welcome back.

Belinda and I got a DSA 105 from Jake a few months ago. What's the difference between the DSA and the Planet Aquarium?

I really like this size tank. Not too big (been there done that) and not too small (been there done that too) The depth from front to back is my favorite part about it.

Hey Tim. Welcome back.

Belinda and I got a DSA 105 from Jake a few months ago. What's the difference between the DSA and the Planet Aquarium?

I really like this size tank. Not too big (been there done that) and not too small (been there done that too) The depth from front to back is my favorite part about it.

Ya I love the dimensions. I went with planet because I wanted some stuff customized and DSA charges a lot more then if I was to go through planet only diff is price and I changed some stuff around like PVC bottom and cal overflow.

glad to see you the other night Tim, I just sold a mag9.5 3-4 days b4 u came by.

It was good seeing ya too thanks for the reactors but ya don't sweat it I can alway get a new one.

What's a flush cal overflow?

Just the overflow in the back and they cut into the glass for the fins instead of having a box inside the tank or that large internal box. Gives me full tank with nothing in the way. Jeremy built his tank like this and I believe don Duncan also had his tank built that way. Does cost more though lol

Get mitch to make you a breakoutbox, his are legit Posted Image

ya I saw but wanted to try out the break out box from neptune first if that fails then i'll talk to mitch

Just lmk. I have one spare DIN8 cable so i can make 2 more w/o having to order. $20ea which covers just the parts needed to make them.

If you want to try the OEM BoB (1st version), I'll sell you one for a sweet deal :P. SChrisEV has the 2nd/current version that he might to sell too.

i have an almost new one that I can part with (the new version), it was only used for a .short time, like a month. Let me know.

Get mitch to make you a breakoutbox, his are legit smile.png

Just lmk. I have one spare DIN8 cable so i can make 2 more w/o having to order. $20ea which covers just the parts needed to make them.

If you want to try the OEM BoB (1st version), I'll sell you one for a sweet deal tongue.png. SChrisEV has the 2nd/current version that he might to sell too.

:) OOPS Yeah like Mitch said!

I put my deposit down for my new tank today!!! i'm going with a 120g rimless with pvc bottom and center external overflow instead of a 105g. Should be here in 2 to 3 weeks. Can't wait will post pics when it gets here.

I wana see it set up they need to build it faster lol. How come you got so many pumps?

one is for my my mixiing station to the garage and to push the water to the the tank for water change (if i need to) or refill the ato.

the other 3 i'm not sure lol i think i'm going crazy waiting for this tank haha its already in process the are almost done with stand haven't heard update on tank.

Archived