Drift Monkey's ADA 60-P

Drift Monkey

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully they don't have a mischievous personality. "ok everybody, look happy, he's here!"

laugh.png

Anyone know where I should be looking for inverts? I want anemone shrimp (Pederson's, Venus, etc), pom pom crabs, porcelain crabs, etc...anywhere local carry these guys?

The dome usually has porcelains, and occasionally has the anemone shrimp.

I haven't seen too many pom pom around locally.

I've gotten my last porcelains/anemone shrimp from the dome. I'll have to check 'em out sometime soon. Thanks!

This is the anemone shrimp I recently got at the dome. It was a few weeks ago, but they had a few in the tank:

That's basically exactly that I'm looking for! I may have to buy up all the rest...:P

Remember how much ya paid?

This is the anemone shrimp I recently got at the dome. It was a few weeks ago, but they had a few in the tank:

That's basically exactly that I'm looking for! I may have to buy up all the rest...tongue.png

Remember how much ya paid?

I think around $20 ... but I can't exactly remember, it was at the end of my shopping spree that day.

The shrimp james showed in the picture is different from the ones I always saw in AT, now that I know what one looks like I know the ones I saw had more white spots and no blue. They were easily overlooked when on a maxi or standing a the base against the white sand.

The shrimp james showed in the picture is different from the ones I always saw in AT, now that I know what one looks like I know the ones I saw had more white spots and no blue. They were easily overlooked when on a maxi or standing a the base against the white sand.

The only other kinds I've seen (also at the dome) are these guys:

p-78309-shrimp.jpg

Do you have any fish right now? My diatoms went away on their own in about a month and 1 water change in my pico tank. It's fishless through so not much nutrients going into the tank. You may be able to just wait them out. They're definitely a natural stage in a tank regardless of the stocking.

Do you have any fish right now? My diatoms went away on their own in about a month and 1 water change in my pico tank. It's fishless through so not much nutrients going into the tank. You may be able to just wait them out. They're definitely a natural stage in a tank regardless of the stocking.

Nope, no fish. I'm about to do a water change right now though...just for prudence. Yeah diatoms usually the signal of the end of a cycle...I usually add CUC after I see 'em.

On another note...have any red macro you can spare me? :D

• 1 year later...

Alright...so a lot has happened since my last update...I officially rebooted the system a couple weeks ago. Long story short, I took in a RBTA from a friend that was breaking down his tank and it committed suicide while I was away on vacation. The tank stayed pretty nasty for a while (no equipment failures at least), but I finally decided I needed to do something about it. So I drained her, cleaned everything out (feels like this took about an entire day), manually cleaned and peroxided the rocks, removed mats of algae thumbsdown.gif, and now I have this.

10404877_10152606233496137_4497927845521

10805589_10152606233461137_4064683897908

10402700_10152606233416137_6740429482205

BB, no fuge, skimmer cleaned and back online. I'm thinkin' of trying my hand at SPS this go around? Inverts too, of course...wink.png

Archived