Jebao WP40 & WP25 - Major Update 5/13/2013

Woods

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From my understanding, our order is in and in line pending manufacture. It sounds like they will arrive toward the end of June as we will be getting the wp25s with the new controller that will have speed control so we don't need to use a dimmer and we are getting them slow boat to save shipping cost as air was very expensive. As I hear more i will post it here.

The Tunze letter is a scare tactic and Jebao is continuing to send pumps to the USA. They are trying to get USA retailers to be fearful of a lawsuit and not to order. Our GB is still on and we as a consumer will not be in jeopardy. It will takes months and even years for a law suit to go through the courts and to truly get an official ruling where Customs will hold shipments. This has already been discussed on the other forums. We are fine and our group buy is still on.

wait what, you mean to tell me there are replicas and counterfeit items getting shipped to us from over sea countries? SAY IT ISNT SO!!! But really, if Apple, rayband, gucci, LV, and many others couldn't stop their products from getting knocked off and sent to the US I doubt tunze can. Maybe tunze should just lower their prices and keep the market locked out at that level instead of holding off for higher profit margins? I've even seen a US company have its patent and blue prints stolen then have to turn around and pay the stealing company 50K to stop production...

The Tunze letter is a scare tactic and Jebao is continuing to send pumps to the USA. They are trying to get USA retailers to be fearful of a lawsuit and not to order. Our GB is still on and we as a consumer will not be in jeopardy. It will takes months and even years for a law suit to go through the courts and to truly get an official ruling where Customs will hold shipments. This has already been discussed on the other forums. We are fine and our group buy is still on.

Right on, just thought it was relevant info to the post.

Nothing to worry about guys and gals. I work for a large international law firm I checked last week there is not even a lawsuit in place yet. All tunze is trying to do I scare US vendors. We order stright from the source. This happens every single day in the US. One day we will wake up an realize that all of our stuff is way over priced.

Latest update is that both the wp25 and wp40 in our order will come with the updated controller with variable speed control so we can better adjust for different sized tanks and configurations. Because we are getting the updated controller, our order is slightly delayed, but is currently expected around the end of the month. As I get updates, I will provide them here in his thread.

The wait is well worth this added feature so we don't have to do the DIY mod...

After watching several videos of wp25 without controler and seeing pictures of the new controler it will be worth the wait. The new controler has high 1-3 and low 1-3 to control the flow on the different reef modes.

Would yall say that in light of the new dimmable controllers, that for a standard 55 gallon, a wp40 would be useable? Ideally I'd like to replace ALL my powerheads and reduce down to one single unit. The wp40 wide open is probably too powerful, but if it were dimmable in wave mode, would that be better than a wp25?

Me too. I'm not from Austin so I'm not the best candidate to orchestrate a group buy, but if there are enough people who missed out on the first one who want in we should speak up. Kinda the same thing going on over at RC right now too

Yes, the new controller does have a dimmer that works in wave mode. Those on this group buy will be getting wp25s and wp40s with the new controller. If you are not on this group buy, you will need to start your own new group buy thread and not hijack this one, please... I don't want to cause confusion since this group buy is closed and we are just awaiting arrival of our pumps.

Archived