The Hall's 135G Mixed Reef Build

mrshall1027

As soon as you drop that tiger pistol shrimp in the tank you'll never be able to arrange the sand bed the way you want to again! I had to tear my tank apart to get it out because it takes everything in its reach and puts it in his caves lol

As soon as you drop that tiger pistol shrimp in the tank you'll never be able to arrange the sand bed the way you want to again! I had to tear my tank apart to get it out because it takes everything in its reach and puts it in his caves lol

Oh, I definitely do not want that to happen. However, I was worried about adding a wrasse and shrimp at the same time so I modified my order so no more goby/shrimp combo and added a third leopard wrasse. I've read they do better when in groups of 3 or more. smile.png

leapord wrasses are awsome fish but also jumpers

Through research I've heard the same thing but have also read that when in groups they are calmer and hunt/stay near the lower half of the tank. Also when threatened, their first instinct is to dive into the sand bed. Hopefully it will work out, if not we are willing to add a cover.

Here are two of our Leopards! So far, they seem to be doing really well. One stayed asleep all day in the sand bed while the other two were roaming the tank checking it out. I really hope we can see all three together tomorrow.

post-2963-0-33539000-1365919781_thumb.jp

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

It's going good. Haven't done much other than regular maintenance. We've had a lot going on lately and haven't had time to focus on it. All the coral has definitely grown and looks pretty good. We haven't had the best of luck with fish; we're down to 2 firefish, the two clowns and the yellow tang. Hopefully we'll get some new fish in the next couple of months.

I'll add an updated full tank shot soon.

• Like 1