The Hall's 135G Mixed Reef Build

mrshall1027

What's in the first batch?

1 Diamond Watchman Goby

3 Purple Firefish

1 Whitecheek Tang

1 Golden Midas Blenny

We are still doing some research on the other tangs we were interested in. For now, I'd be happy with just having the Whitecheek. If we decide to add another, it will probably the Kole Yellow Eye.

• Like 1

Capt. Obvious

Posted 34 minutes ago

go for broke...get a Mauritius Gem Tang

or...for the baller on a budget: the horse shoe (folweri) tang

O. M. G. !!!!! $3500 FOR A FISH!!!! HELLS TO THE NO!!!..........but yeah, i want one now!shifty.gif

lets all go in on one...and then we can all have visitation rights

They are the same height above this tank as they were on our last tank and everything was doing really well. It probably looks like they are lower, but they are mounted at the very top of the canopy. I'm hoping to get a PAR reading done soon.

AI recommends up to a depth of 36 inches The tank is 21 inches deep and the lights are 12 inches above.

They are the same height above this tank as they were on our last tank and everything was doing really well. It probably looks like they are lower, but they are mounted at the very top of the canopy. I'm hoping to get a PAR reading done soon.

AI recommends up to a depth of 36 inches The tank is 21 inches deep and the lights are 12 inches above.

Great, Love the way it's integrated!

• Like 1

hyper.gif MP40s are here!! MP40s are here!! rock.gif

I think we have them installed right but I'm sure we'll play with them more in the next few days.

2cfdwyh.jpg

Here are some pictures from under the tank. We have the calcium reactor, CO2 tank and 5 gallon ATO jug on the left side. The middle is the sump/refugium with a BRS Dual GFO Carbon Reactor mounted on the top side of the stand. The right has our external pump and all electrical items with enough room to add any additional equipment if the need arises. The PVC pipe along the top in the middle houses the power cords that have to be run from the left to the right.

mmfq85.jpg

nxl7hi.jpg

34jdlsi.jpg

kdpb9e.jpg

Fish updates:

Our Diamond Watchman Goby jumped out the day after we got him, so that was a bit of a bummer.

Has anyone had experience with firefish picking on eachother? We got three and it seems like the bigger two are picking on the smaller one. It has part of it's tail fin missing like it's been nipped off and is staying away from the other two.

We were lucky enough to get the two Black Snowflake Clowns from the raffle at C4 (Brian was awesome enough to sell them to us :D)! They are being QT'd right now and seem very healthy and happy.

Lastly, we ordered our second round of fish today for Saturday delivery. We went with:

-Heniochus Black & White Butterflyfish

-Yasha White Ray Shrimp Goby with Tiger Snapping Shrimp

-Powder Blue Tang

-Yellow Tang

-Red Stripe Angelfish

-Orchid Dottyback

We have another QT set up for when they arrive. We ended up changing our initial list, but we are very happy with what we will end up with. Decided against the Kole Yellow Eye because read too many experiences of it being super aggressive. Went with the Yasha White Ray Shrimp Goby because we liked the look of them more than the Diamond Watchman Goby. On the next batch, we'll get the pair of Leopard Wrasse and hopefully the Orange Striped Prawn Goby and those will be our last additions.

-Heniochus Black & White Butterflyfish

-Yasha White Ray Shrimp Goby with Tiger Snapping Shrimp

-Powder Blue Tang

-Yellow Tang

-Red Stripe Angelfish

-Orchid Dottyback

I received an In Stock Notification this morning for the Leopard Wrasse from Live Aquaria so added two females to the list. So excited! Debating if I should add them to the DT immediately or add sand to the QT.

Also a little bummed about one of the MP40's. It was defective but Ecotech is shipping us a new one at no cost and even agreed to expedite the shipping.