NEWBIE!

Rett Mincher

Hey folks!

My name is Rett and I'm an aspiring reefaholic. I'm starting my first tank with help from Peter Gott. Its a 5 gallon hex. I'm rescuing his cleaning crew, and getting a feel for the hobby before I get all the stuff to set up my 55 gallon. Practice makes perfect I suppose, since the first iteration didn't work out, and I killed a red mithrax crab.... :/ I suppose there is a learning curve here though. I'm having good luck so far with the second round. I bought some live rock rubble from Aqua Dome and discovered early this morning that it came with a bristle worm hitchhiking along. Its beautiful with a bright red tail, and maroon and tan and charcoal grey on its body I'm going to try to be a good reefer and post pics and updates regularly. I modified the tank a little with a couple little LED strips. I put a nice blue in the lid on the tank side, and replaced the carbon filter with a wad of algae and put a strip of white LEDs above it. It is amazing what a little blue will do to brighten up the colors in your tank, even a pico...

Glad to be here! Thanks in advance for all the good info!!!

Rett

post-2937-0-69648100-1355676950.jpg

post-2937-0-05749400-1355676668.jpg

post-2937-0-85379800-1355676984_thumb.jp

post-2937-0-39285000-1355677105_thumb.jp