what is this?

Fj mike

http://www.pirx.com/gallery/index.php/reef/cnidarians/majano

Sounds like it is a majano. I would keep an eye on it very closely, but in reality I would move the piece to a QT. Another possibility would be to use some good cutters and snip a chunk off that the majano is on, and move that to a QT. Duncans and Majanos look quite a bit alike depending on exact type. However, Duncans have a skeletal base and majanos do not.

honestly, that thing is so small, i'd pull the frag, and take an xacto knife and filet it off the plug... I wouldn't take any chances. I believe Bio3 posted a link to his dentists office which was overrun with Majano.

i just saw some mojanos at the fish store. it had the exact same green tips. so im gonna remove it just to be safe. i dont have a qt tank to put it in. since we were on the subject of diping, i picked up a sunfire and a star polyp. can i dip both of these the same way?

I've used the Two Little Fishies ReVive Coral Cleaner on SPS, LPS, mushrooms, anemones, ricordea, etc. and never had one die (at least not in the first few weeks). I've never had hitchhiker issues with them, either, but maybe I'm just lucky. (Or the hitchhikers already in my tank are meaner than the newcomers.)

You can go back and forth on what it is but bottom line is you didn't pay for it so get rid of it now before you pay for it with problems in your tank later. I would take the frag off the plug entirely and resecure it on a piece of rubble rock with gel super glue. Looks more aesthetically pleasing anyway.

Archived