Man does my mouth hurt.

fishypets

Hay-suess that sounds terrible! I neglected my teeth throughout college and grad school and had to have my gums "planed" which means tissue peeled back and a rotozip applied to the calcification of crud :-) I had the fun gas throughout the entire procedure and was listening to great music and it still sucked. I can only imagine what you are going through.

Dentists wig me out. Thinking about them causes a shiver sometimes. Hopefully, you got a 'script for the good stuff and if not go find out why not :)

My pain meds are working o.k. for now. If you don't know what a gum graf is, they cut out areas of the roof of your mouth and stitch it to the areas where you gum is receding. Basicly the roof of my mouth has been cut and stiched back together and to make matters worse I can't eat solid foods for two weeks or more depending on how I heal. I'll see if my girlfriend can get a macro shot of the roof of my mouth.

OOf... That does not sound like fun. Hope it feels better soon, man... I'm in a similar boat and go to the dentist next week. Isn't it strange how well we care for our tanks and neglect ourselves... I have an idea for my next avatar, now.

My wife had a tooth pulled yesterday and is trying to NOT take the Vicodin she was prescribed and, 'tuff it out'. The vicodin is winning, but she's still pretty tuff to deal with that, a 4 year old, a 1.5 yr old, my parents in town for my b-day, and all-the-while adding top-off while I worked since my top-off system is unhooked during the re-plumb. These spouses/girlfriends (and teeth) sure put up with alot from us reef junkies.

Heal quick, Clint.

C

My problem actually began from brushing too hard and grinding my teeth at night. The dentist recommended I should get the sonic care tooth brush to help prevent this in the future. What ever you do don't brush the gum off your teeth, it never grows back.

Clint

That's pretty wierd... That is the same issue I have to go in for next week. Brushed with medium and hard tooth brushes and wore away the bottom of my tooth and gum. I hope he doesn't go the 'graph route'. He hasn't mentioned it. The dentist also recommend the sonic brush and after reading up, it looks like that's what we're going to invest in.

I also got mine about a year ago and the stuff that they remove compared to a normal toothbrush in awsome.

Not to mention that it feels like you just gave your whole mouth a message! blob7.gif

The first week or two it is wierd will the vibration and all butt you get used to it and then start to enjoy it.

I would go with one if you already haven't planned on getting one.