Call me crazy but...

Scutterborn

I'm not nearly in to fish as I am into corals. Only a few species have really caught my eye in a manner that caused me to get giddy. It happened...

I was at Austin aquadome today and saw this lil guy

ygubu9uh.jpg

He is one of the cutest and unusual fish I've ever seen. I want him!!! I resisted the involuntary urge to reach around for my wallet and thought. (Unusual for me). Research, Ben. Research, Research, Research!!!

So I'm looking for anyone who has experience with frogfish. Don't cite google links to MRI will be all over that when I get home. First or second hand experience is what I'm looking for.

Yes it would be a species specific tank.

- Ben -

I've seen people on nano reef keep them in small community reef tanks. However, they will attempt to eat anything with the slightest possibility of being able to fit in their mouth. Otherwise, I think they're pretty easy to keep. They don't move much, aren't hard to get to eat, and don't bother anything they can't injest.

I kept one for quite a while, by itself. They are really awesome! I'm much more into coral also, but that is one awesome fish. Watching them walk around and eat is fun. They are really easy, it's just important to teach them to eat frozen and that's a little bit of a time commitment. The one you posted a picture of is especially nice. I would've scooped that guy up fast!

So what's the final verdict from the community?

He'll be in a species specific 28g nanocube tank for at least the next two years. I'm not sure on the growth rate of this species. I've read that some species can grow to the size of a bowling ball and others to only 5-7". I'm not sure what species this guy is and I don't want to house him unethically.

- Ben -

Disclaimer, if it is gone by the time you get there I did not actually purchase it, please don't hurt me.

No worries! You crack me up too much with your posts for me to bust up your fingers! Jk Jk! Lol. I'm am usually a really peaceful guy. But I'm Irish, too. Lol!

- Ben -