Strange request

new55galSALT

I know its strange but my entire time (8 months) of reefing ive never had someone look at my tank and tell me what i could improve on or what im doing correct ..... if someone could look at my tank and give me criticism i would love it. I just wanna make sure im not just half assing it

We've sorta, kinda, talked about, maybe tried to do a tank tour.

I still think its a great idea and would love to have one. Maybe for one of the 'meetings' we could arrange to visit a few folks who live in 1 general area.

Aside from that; post pics. Either here or in the FTS thread.

I like the rock work but I'd move some pieces so they aren't touching glass. The only other thing I'd change is to add a background, unless you're going for a two room viewable approach.

And you don't need a topic to host a meeting, just be willing to have folks over. We can generate a topic.

I like the arch way. I have found xenia to be fickle. It will grow like gangbusters then die off while everything else looks great, I've have one tank where this has happened several time over the years when it was reintfroduced after a die off. In another tank the generic does great but the silver isn't happy or visa versa. yet in another tank I've been consistantly throwing it away for years (can you say "nutrient export"). I have never noticed iodine supplements as dosed to help it any.

• Like 1

Jason,

Your ability to troubleshoot PC fixture and wire around four point square configuration is a valuable asset when working on a tight budget. Many of us want a functional reef on a budget. I do not know much about diagnostic bench testing of a ballast. Changing bulbs and ballast is a process of elimination that cost more money than it should, but it produces the same result. I have a good Fluke digitle volt meter, but I do not know how to bench test a ballast. With the light that I gave you, I attempted to test ballast in the circuit by black box logic. Whether it is relay logic, digitle or PLC, there is an input and an output. I measured the voltage at the input of the ballast (125VAC input), I did not read any voltage out (operator error on my part). I deduced that because there was input with no output from the "black box" then the ballast was bad. Two ballast at $30 each. In the process of fumbling with long PC lamp, I broke the ceramic connection block between glass lamp and four pin connector. One 96W 10K lamp at $30. Aside from your time, you put together 200W of light for free. Show us that care, how you did that.

Patrick

I used to be an electtician so electrical stuff has been easy but ill show how to trouble shoot and the pin change .... ballast trouble shooting is kinda different than reg because the circuit has to be conpleted for it to fire hense making sure the bulbs are good

I like the rock work but I'd move some pieces so they aren't touching glass. The only other thing I'd change is to add a background, unless you're going for a two room viewable approach.

And you don't need a topic to host a meeting, just be willing to have folks over. We can generate a topic.

There is only maybe 4 areas where the rock is on the glass i have the base about 6" away from the glass