Shhhhh! It's a secret! Mark your calendar for Saturday, October 13th

mFrame

Just a heads up to LED lovers (DIY makers and all-around fans of LED lighting) - keep your day clear on Saturday, October 13th!

We have an ARC exclusive behind-the-scenes tour for something new in Austin that is going to knock your socks off! Trust me, you are not going to want to miss this, and we don't know when the next opportunity for something like this will come up. I can't provide more details yet, but plan for this and you'll be glad you did!

Expect more details to be posted around 9/22.

Update: Here it is folks, your sneak peak of one of the most exciting things that ARC has been involved with. You get to see it here first!

*** UPDATE ***

When:

Saturday, 10/13 @ 2pm

Where:

BuildMyLED

209 E Ben White Blvd

Suite 107

Austin, TX 78704

map

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and high school marching contests... <sigh>

Oh well, I'm used to it.

Solution?

Scarecrow-m.jpg

It's Halloween time anyway, just plant one of these on the sidelines, tell your students that you are in costume, and that you are watching. Then you are free to attend THE TOP SECRET EVENT.

Video was new age and edgy but lost part of my vote when they still promote led for horticulture. LEDs are great but they dint do horticulture even as good as t8 bulbs.

Aquariums though they work nice since they can penetrate water better than foliage canopy.

Teaser well done. Left me wanting 2 things: 1) pictures, 2) prices.

Not so sure about the promo music.. When the GET OFF MY LAWN crowd hears it, they're gonna tell the buildmyled whippersnappers how it used to be in the old days when we were used sunlight to grow our reef. AND WE WERE HAPPY ABOUT IT. BOTH WAYS, UPHILL.

Skrillex+attacked+by+a+bee.+Silly+skrilly_052c5f_3057947.gif

• 2 weeks later...

you could do several 12" fixtures perpendicular to your tank, or maybe 2 12" and a 48". If I'm reading the costs correctly, $269 for a custom LED fixture? Will change the game for sure if they can live up to it.

Problems thus far is that the interface is clunky (having some real trouble dropping LEDs on the graphic to customize) and the text is all wonked up on the right nav bar. Doesn't really dampen my excitement though... :)

Try a different browser.. It seemed to look good in chrome..

i wouldn't use any other browser :). For whatever reason, when I drop my LED into the array, it doesn't register.

SO i turned on an incognito window (with all extensions/plugins off) and it works fine. Much better .

Hello everyone. We launched the business on Friday at MACNA, and I had my first child on Monday morning. Needless to say...it has been a long week! Very exciting times grin.png

I really apologize for the bugs on the Custom Configurator page. I am working with the web development team to identify and remove all of the little bugs in the code. The back-end calculations to the custom LED page are really sophisticated, so we apologize for the bumps in the road. Send me a message if you find anything that looks funny.

We are looking forward to hosting everyone at our facility on the 13th, and we are very thankful for your support of our new business. We are very excited about the business model, and I am glad you guys like the concept.

Archived