The cube

Bayou

i love your tank man! im glad to see it even has sand now too! u have everything else ready to go right? just need water?

I have everything in my office just do not have everything installed yet. Still have to hang the light, install powerheads, skimmer, heaters, controller...... Then later the reactors, ozone and clean up all the wires and touch up the paint.

Are those some Cerameco caves peeking out of the back? Can't wait to see what this looks like with livestock in it!

Good eye! Yes they are. I got the combo pack with a small med and large. They were bigger than I expected. I almost put 2 up front but decided to put them on the corners. I really like them

I'm a numbers geek... so skip this post if you don't do numbers

Here are the numbers on the temple

$35 - Stone

$102 - 2 part epoxy

$85 - wet saw rental(paver saw)

$###.## - 3 hours total design/scale/draw/redraw/layout of temple

$###.## - approximatley 6 hours total building time to construct temple

I'm mostly happy with the way it came out. If I could go back I'd change a few things to make it look better but considering the limited materials and the lack of professional drawings and instructions I'll claim it as mine.

looks cool, i'm having trouble with proportions... have a shot that gives an idea of size perspective? Very creative.

I am going to work on the tank tomorrow and I will try to get a pic. In the mean time the tank is 36x36x22 tall. Temple is about 24" across at the base.

I'm a coral guy and I am struggling with the fish list to place in the tank. Need some help please. Here is my basic criteria:

I do not want a tang in a tank this small.

I'd like as many tank bred as possible... clowns, manderin, for sure, others...

I have no lid so I can't have gobies or likely jumpers.

No high dollar fish.

I really really want a school of something

The current in the tank should be in the moderate to moderatly high range... so cardinals scare me. They school and they are tank raised but they do not like strong current.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

my favorite fish i have gotten yet is a fairy wrasse. I have never had a fish live so long and that is pretty much the same specs as my tank. very hardy, very active. also have a neon goby that is cool to watch swim on the other fish and clean them.

looks cool, i'm having trouble with proportions... have a shot that gives an idea of size perspective? Very creative.

Here is a pic with a pen in the front, may help a bit.post-2530-134287588003_thumb.jpg

I was planning on working on the tank most of the day Friday. Did not happen, but I was able to spend a few hours on it. I programmed to light(I think I did was anyway), connected and wired the cabinet lights, wired and mounted the fan, installed the supplemental power strip and started on the auto top off. Still have a long way to go.

I also found a very small RODI unit that I can fit in a cabinet in the break room. Should make top off water generation possible. Slow and cumbersome, but possible.

46728552-ab61-8fad.jpg

Made it up to the office for a little bit today to work in the tank. Lots of mounting today. If the wife was as.... Nevermind.

So I mounted the GFCI outlet, the battery backup(that thing is heavy!) and the light's power supply box. Also mostly installed the heaters and I hung the light fixture!

post-2530-134291118422_thumb.jpg

post-2530-134291119603_thumb.jpg

post-2530-134291121331_thumb.jpg

Awesome, thanks for posting the pen pic, that really gives a nice perspective on the size, it's a little larger than I was thinking. Looks great. Sump looks nice too.

Thanks!

I found a very small 5 stage filter at Air Water Ice. It only makes 30-50 gallons/day but it is small enough to fit in the break room's sink cabinet and has no waste line.

Got it hooked up this am, ran the supply line to the tank, taped it down to the floor and the tank is now filling!

No leaks so far. smile.png

30-40 gallons per day, 125ish gallons.... Gonna take a little while but at least it is finally filling up!

post-2530-134326297285_thumb.jpg

post-2530-134326299097_thumb.jpg

post-2530-134326300372_thumb.jpg

Wife is headed home this weekend to visit family. I should be able to finish installing everything if I hustle.

• Like 1

Interesting little unit. If you have decent water pressure you should be good with it after the initial setup.

You make a great point.... that thing is going SLOW! there is a pressure gauge installed on the line for a drinking water filter and dispenser. I tapped the line downstream from the pressure reducer. I think it has reduced the pressure in the line going to the RODI and is making the water craw out. The tank should be half full by now and it is not even close. I think tomorrow I will piss ant some water back and forth from a store to help it along. Then try to find another place to mount the intake so that I do not have low pressure in the future.

Aside from the water coming out slow that filter is awesome! 5 stages and I am monitoring the TDS - 145-150 in and 0 out. 5 stage RODI and very compact.