The cube

Bayou

ur prob too far from here but if u need to borrow jugs ur more than welcome to

Thanks! Very kind. I got it running a bit faster now. And I am running jugs back and forth to store..... So fun :(

post-2530-134360301254_thumb.jpg

I worked on this $#%!@ tank most of yesterday and all day today! Carried 20 5 gallon jugs of water from parking lot to building to elevator to office(4 trips to LFS) mounted the power heads, mounted the controller, mounted controller power strips, tried to get controller to hook up to computer network, tried to install skimmer and realized my sump is not deep enough, exchanged it for a Bubble Magnus(not real happy about this but I think it will be ok), plugged everything in to make sure breaker has enough capacity, let tank run for 2 hours and saw no leaks, adjusted return lines to make sure siphon does not flood sump when return pump goes off, added salt to the tank, cleaned up extra supplies/tools and inoculated tank with bacteria.

Long day!

Still got lots for tidying up to do(wires), some programming to do, still need to install auto topoff and get it working, need to calibrate and install pH and ORP probes, finish installing skimmer. Then later install reactors and ozone.

I hope the water will clear up by morning. I will take another pic if it is.

Thanks to Fishy Business for letting me borrow jugs overnight, for free!

Also of note.... Got to work this am and had a leak in the water line last night. Not sure exactly what happened but the property manager is kinda pissed at me and I expect a rather large bill!

Water extraction, fans in 3 offices and a dehumidifier in my office. In a few days they will come back and clean the carpets.

Sometimes I wish simple stuff like video games or tv would keep my attention.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Water leak has been cleaned up. Property manager got very pissed off but accidents happen. Everything is cleaned up and paid for now. Life goes on.

Had Ben ship me some live rock this week to stack in back of temple. Will post a pic later but it looks pretty good. Just need a little more to fill in gaps.

Got skimmer installed. It should work out fine.

Got a clean up crew started on Friday. Will add to it in a week or so.

Spent a few days contemplating making the tank a cuddle fish tank. Decided against it, but we are now talking about breeding them at the farm starting this fall.

Started a LFS scavenger hunt for a good small specimen of longhorn box fish(when in Rome). Found one at Aqua Dome. By the way, that place is a Good LFS. Hope you guys realize the greatness you got hiding amongst a bunch of mechanic shops down there. While there I also picked up a six line wrasse, a royal gramma and a small fox face. Later I will add a pair of true percs, an RBTA, a Manderin and something else tbd later. Open top and 3' length is eliminating a lot of types of fish I'd like to see in there.

Still need to install auto topoff. Need to do some programming on controller. Need to get net function functioning. Need to install pH probe and ORP probe. I think I need to calibrate the temp on the controller. Need to organize wires in cabinet. Will wait to install ozone and reactors till this fall.

post-2530-134473438601_thumb.jpg

post-2530-134473440213_thumb.jpg

post-2530-134473441406_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

LOVE THE COW!!! How hard is it to keep? Is it better to have a dedicated tank for it? Have been wanting one for some time but i've read that the smallest tank it should be in is 100Gl.

Thanks!

When I was doing research on it I did not see anything to make me think I could not house it in this tank. They are toxic if they die.... That could be a big problem. This tank is 112 gallons and I got him/her pretty young. Should be good.

Ordered the rest of the clean up crew today. Reef Cleaners has been a customer of the farm for years buying as much macos algae as we would sell them. Good guys over there so I returned the favor and placed an order with them for the rest of the snails and crabs needed for the tank.

Also of note, After several days of hiding the Foxface has come out and said hello. I was a little worried about him but I think he will be fine. needs to put some weight on but he looks good. Cowfish is already popular around the office and has a great personality. Clowns have settled in pretty good... they are very active swimmers! The only fish still being shy is the Royal Gramma but they are a bit moody. He should come around in time.