ARC SeaWorld Summer 2012 Trip

mFrame

I'd love to go to Sea World on:  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've had some preliminary discussions with SeaWorld San Antonio and it looks like the ARC Summer 2012 trip is on. Rather than wait for the full heat of summer, I'd like to plan the trip for a Saturday in June. Everyone interested will get a day pass plus a Behind the Scenes Tour (price still TBD). I envision it as we all show up, do our own thing to enjoy the park, displays, and rides, and meet an a designated time to take the tour.

So, please vote here on: which Saturday in June works best for you? How many from your family do you expect to attend?

If head count is high enough it could help us lower the cost.

I would go any Saturday except the 23rd will be in Atlanta for a Discus convention! Would be four from my family maybe 5 but we have passes to seaworld; would just need behind the scenes passes.

Nicole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike, teachers get free season passes to Sea World, so Roland and I would only need the behind the scenes pass. Can you let us know if that's possible? Thanks!

Do we really? When was someone going to tell me?!

Mike would this replace the June Meeting?

That's a good question Dave. I've wondered how much participation we will have for the summer meetings due to travel and people being off from school. Part of the consideration of these "field trips" is to keep us connected and have fun over the summer months. What does everyone think?

My family 2 adults 2 children. Did they say if we would be allowed into the "lab"? Also, before when I was there, they were very interested in frags for aqua culture. Maybe we could give a few.

It's not very well publicized and there's a whole process you have to go through to get the free pass - provide a copy of your TX teaching certificate, a pay stub from the last 30 days, a pass you get online, and something else. I think there's a deadline as well (June 9?). Just Google "sea world tx teachers pass" or something similar and links should pop up. TCTA may also have a link on their website.

It's not very well publicized and there's a whole process you have to go through to get the free pass - provide a copy of your TX teaching certificate, a pay stub from the last 30 days, a pass you get online, and something else. I think there's a deadline as well (June 9?). Just Google "sea world tx teachers pass" or something similar and links should pop up. TCTA may also have a link on their website.

http://links.mail.worldsofdiscovery.com/servlet/MailView?ms=MzkzMzQyNgS2&r=MTcyMzEwMTgzNjgS1&j=MjMzMTg0Mjc1S0&mt=1&rt=0

Was there any resolution to whether or not the backstage could be separated from the pass? My wife and I have yearlong passes from last season. I'd love to come, but don't want to pay for something we already have.

Was there any resolution to whether or not the backstage could be separated from the pass? My wife and I have yearlong passes from last season. I'd love to come, but don't want to pay for something we already have.

I believe that the tour will be separate from the park admission (still being discussed). I have brought up the point that several of our members already have season passes, so I don't imagine this will be an issue.

My wife has been wanting to go to SeaWorld, and I think behind-the-scenes passes would be enough for my lazy *** to actually get up and go! It would be her and I only. She will be in Dallas for five days somewhere towards the beginning of the month (encompassing a weekend), so mid- to later-month would work best for us, although I'm sure we could swing it either way.

EDIT: You know what, you could potentially put us down for five. My cousin lives around the corner from Sea World, and I'm sure he and his family would love to see behind the scenes. I would just have to run it by him once a date is settled on.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived