PepperMint shrimp

(Bio)³

Heading home tomorrow from a weekend at the coast. I'm bringing pep shrimp back with me.

Going to be selling for $3 each.

Pm if interested, I live in north Austin and can stop along the way home tomorrow.

Chris

• Like 1

I plan to be leaving the coast at 12:30-1 and driving straight to San Antonio to drop my father and friend off. Then I will be headed to Austin, Anyone interested please either send me a PM with your cell so I can let you know as I head for Austin.

Please include your north of south location and I will let you know closer to time when I will be passing through. I'll check from a San antonio computer and make a list of location/name/cell number and will drop off as I go from South to North. I will only be going up to 183/Duval where my house is. Dropping off all remaining shrimp and then running to pick up an item on hold for me :)

Chris

• Like 1

I think the law states you can give them away but if you sell them it requires a commercial fishing license. Just FYI. I don't think the game warden is actively patrolling our forum though.

Re: commercial sale: I don't think we've addressed this issue fully but my guess is it's ok at this point.

I think the law states you can give them away but if you sell them it requires a commercial fishing license. Just FYI. I don't think the game warden is actively patrolling our forum though.

Re: commercial sale: I don't think we've addressed this issue fully but my guess is it's ok at this point.

YES! FREE pep shrimp......whistle.gif

How about free pep shrimp but donations are accepted... shifty.gif

I like how you think ;)

But I'll just stick all these into one of my spare tanks to clean up all that nasty aptasia, I imagine it should get cleared out pretty fast.

After they do their job I might let them go with a rehoming fee of $3 each to make sure they go to good homes ;)

• Like 2

On a side note for the people who think I'm out to make a profit or are unhappy with my post.

I'll put this into perspective:

3 tanks of gas @ $48-50 a tank

2 bubble buckets @ $20 each

4 D batteries @ $8 per pack

Fishing License @ $47

All of this is excluding food/drinks/bug spray/sunblock while I'm down there.

That is $239 on the low end $245 on the high end of cost I have incurred.

Just trying to make a win-win situation. The shrimp help cover the costs above and everyone gets the 50% cheaper than retail.

• Like 2

Chris, were the angler fish caught in same area as the Peppermints. Later in summer, when the sargassum seaweed comes in, I am always rewarded with these saweed mats in the daytime. I had caught a Sargassan Fish that floated sideways to mimic the seaweed. If you pulled the seaweed out slowly, he would still float sideways for many seconds before swiming upright as most fish. When I worked out in the deep blue, the same mats landing in Galveston also drifted past us in 7000' of water. We would often fish MaiMai and Wahoo in the shawdows of these floating island.

Patrick

• Like 1

Everyone sells 'em after the trip to recoup costs. Nothing wrong with that. I'd like a couple and I'll gladly donate $3 per if you still have some. I live in Cedar Park and would have to come after normal work hours... Actually, I may be able to cut out a little early if needed to meet you there.

Thanks,

Bryan

• Like 1

But I'll just stick all these into one of my spare tanks to clean up all that nasty aptasia, I imagine it should get cleared out pretty fast.

After they do their job I might let them go with a rehoming fee of $3 each to make sure they go to good homes wink.png

If they clean up all of your aiptasia and you still have a few needing homes, I'd gladly swing by and pay the relocation fee.

I have no probs with folks selling stuff, but you may run afoul of TPWD regulations. License let's you collect for personal use. Sales of collected items require a commercial license and penalties for not having one can be high.

• Like 1

Sorry, didn't see earlier post. Game wardens don't play around. Call it 're-homing' fee or the like and they can still slam ya. Game wardens have a lot of leeway and can impound boats and cars. Again, I'm not faulting anyone... Just stating the regs.

I've known folks who have lost boats over game violations. That was a harsh lesson.

Well unfortunately I think there is a lesson to be learned here: Be a little less forthcoming and a little more discrete about such matters. "Hey guys I have a number of Peppermint shrimp I would be happy to pass on for $3." will probably get you much praise and fewer 'they should be even cheaper' buyers. For my part I think you are a great American and a credit to the Austin Reef Club :)

Bill

LOL - Sometimes maybe I create a leeetttle disruption in pushing for courtesy in 'I want it' requests so here I'm doing my penance and just trying to help everyone get along and at the same time point out what a fine, fine person Chris is - of course, you are possibly the finest personess in the group :)

• Like 1