A Sad Day for the ARC

FragIt

I am not certain where this post belongs, but here it goes anyway. Mods, please move this to appropriate forum. I apologize if this is incorrect place.

I had the pleasure of getting to know one of our fellow reefers over this winter, and I have been asked to share this sad news with you. On Sunday the 11th Brian Healy age 26 ( known as REFFERMADNESS on ARC) was in a fatal car accident. He is survived by his wife Katy Healy. The memorial services will be held tomorrow at 2pm at the Cook Walden Funeral home on Lamar Blvd.

As I am sure there are many out there who have met Brian, I do not have to say much. If you met him, you knew goodness, respect and were right at home. I only knew him for a short while, but counted him amongst my dear friends. He is a good one and I know wherever he is, he is smiling down watching us fiddle in our little tanks, helping keep our alk in check, temperatures steady, and otherwise reefing himself through whatever comes next.I know he has that rimless 300 gal acrylic we were dreaming of up there with him stocked to the brim with coral.........

I apologize for the late notice on services, but I myself just got the news. We are a small but close community and I felt everyone should know. Thanks for listening.

Miss ya buddy.

i am truly sorry to here this, so young. Was he USAF? And does anyone know what he was running from in his BMW? I lost 2 or my close friends awhile ago (brothers) both lost there lives within a year of each other tragically. I will send prayers at church on sunday for his family

wow that is really sad. I had met him once. I was looking for a hanging kit for my outer orbit lighting fixture and couldn't find it any where to order. He sent me a message saying he should have it in his garage some where and took the time to look for it found all the pieces and then even met me at my office to give to me. And he has done all that for FREE.

It is really sad. bye.gif

Thanks everyone.....The services were very nice and his family appreciates all our support. It was tragic, but as we all got to know Brian, we know he was loved and is in a good place. Thank you veryone for your thoughts concerns prayers and kind words. I have also made sure his corals are in a good home well taken care of and happy, not that in comparison they are all that vital, but I know we all care about our wet pets and Brian was no exception. Take a moment to tell your family friends or loved ones ( or in all our cases our coral!!!) how much you care. We never know when our time is up, and I know Brian would want us to.

• Like 1

I am not certain where this post belongs, but here it goes anyway. Mods, please move this to appropriate forum. I apologize if this is incorrect place.

I had the pleasure of getting to know one of our fellow reefers over this winter, and I have been asked to share this sad news with you. On Sunday the 11th Brian Healy age 26 ( known as REFFERMADNESS on ARC) was in a fatal car accident. He is survived by his wife Katy Healy. The memorial services will be held tomorrow at 2pm at the Cook Walden Funeral home on Lamar Blvd.

As I am sure there are many out there who have met Brian, I do not have to say much. If you met him, you knew goodness, respect and were right at home. I only knew him for a short while, but counted him amongst my dear friends. He is a good one and I know wherever he is, he is smiling down watching us fiddle in our little tanks, helping keep our alk in check, temperatures steady, and otherwise reefing himself through whatever comes next.I know he has that rimless 300 gal acrylic we were dreaming of up there with him stocked to the brim with coral.........

I apologize for the late notice on services, but I myself just got the news. We are a small but close community and I felt everyone should know. Thanks for listening.

Miss ya buddy.

Just saw this myself, very sad news. Do you know if there is anything that the family needs? If so I'd be happy to set up a donation fund through the club for them.

• Like 1

http://obits.dignity...24&locale=en_US

492d731e-0930-4588-9ecd-3f186ad00506.jpg

In Memory of

Brian Travis Healy

February 7, 1986 - March 11, 2012

Brian Travis Healy was born at Bayside Medical Center in St. Petersburg, Florida on February 7, 1986. We lost him unexpectedly on March 11, 2012.

He graduated from The Griffin School in Austin, Texas in 2004 and was currently studying business at Texas State University in San Marcos.

Brian always possessed a passion for all forms of animal life, and this was reflected in his hobby, the creation and maintenance of beautiful salt water aquariums.

Brian married Katie Keinarth on March l8, 2010.

He was predeceased by his mother, Kathryn Bond Healy, and his grandmother Joan Finson Bond.

Brian is survived by his wife Katie Keinarth, his father Mike Healy, his sister Meagan Healy, half-brothers Patrick, Eric, Ian Healy, his grandfather Jack Bond, and his parents-in-law Dr. Paul and Mary Keinarth and brother-in-law Danny Keinarth, as well as his family pets Graham, Mitsi, Collie, Sammi and Georgia.

Memorial Services will be conducted at two o'clock in the afternoon on Saturday, the 24th of March 2012, in the Colonial Chapel of Cook-Walden Funeral Home, 6100 North Lamar Boulevard, Austin with Rev. Sharyn Reynolds and Rev. Sam Riccobene officiating.

Condolences may be sent to www.cookwaldenfuneralhome.com.

All,

I am a friend of Brian's family and am currently taking care of his tank. The tank and it's contents are forsale and the money will go directly to Brian's widow. Here are the spec's on the setup:

• 40G reef ready tank, center overflow, 36X16X16, durso installed, front glass may be starfire?
  • Lighting: 2X Aqua Illuminations SOL White LED with controller and hanger
  • Ehiem return pump - unsure of flow but guessing 1500 gph
  • Ecotech - Vortech MP10 powerhead with controller
  • Tunze Osomolator top-off
  • Rimless, 20gl refugium stocked with macor and pods
  • Bubble-magus skimmer
  • Fish - Firefish, Mandarin gobe, small clown and gobe/pistol shrimp pair
  • Clams - 3" Tiger Maxima, 3" Crocea
  • Corals - Hammer, bubble tip anemone, numerous zoo's, acro's and blaso frags, plate coral, about 40 pieces in all from colonys to frags
  • Tonga and Fiji liverock
  • Bulk Reef Supply Carbon/GFO filter with tons of BRS chemicals

Asking $1500 for the complete setup. Sorry to post it here, but it seems like a good place to get the word out. Please email me for pics or if you want to see the tank.

Thanks,

Greg

([email protected])

Edited by 360Reef