Zooanthid ID

Max

They look more like a paly than a zoanthid with the striations in them. They are not Radio Active Dragon Eyes as those have striations in them and the green isn't solid across the whole polyp like RA Dragon Eyes have... I think the site innate listed is your best bet and there are others as well...

if you can't find it any where, you may also post an id question on reefcentral in the zoanthid/paly section there as well and you may have someone respond that has seen these before and know what they are...

• 11 months later...

You pretty much nailed it ozark. I can't catch a break with the cyano or the keys trees. Every time I get rid of them, they come right back.

I found putting the Kenya tree directly under a RBTA keeps them from growing or spreading. Otherwise get rid of your mother colony thats throwing babies and just cut off the other ones, and put putty/superglue over the bases.

Have you tried chemiclean for the cyano? I never wanted to use chemicals in my tank but got fed up and tried it. Worked great!

Hey Max,

I do but it's in a sad state right now. Kind of got kicked on the sand in lieu of all my SPS. I moved it back up so hopefully it starts looking good again soon. Check back with me in a couple months and I could probably frag you a small piece.

-Ty