I'm BACK!

capty99

Hey everyone, very long time no see. I was mostly a lurker here but you guys helped me a ton with my last reef tank (which I had to break down in an emergency family situation where I had to move to Dallas in a weekend). Some of you guys may still have some of my fish flying around in your tanks.

Anyways,

I'm ready to get back into the game and am currently stalking a 34 gallon solana because they're sexy, I like how the package is compete (for the most part) and I won't be doing as much DIY this time. (Not against the DIY thing but my last tank felt a little more hack-ish than I want this one to be)

So, i found this link

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005WZW3QM/ref=s9_simh_gw_p229_d0_g229_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1WDQN0KFE5SJD33TM66B&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

and it looks like the normal solana package but this price is both awesome and really scary . Can ya'll more knowledgeable folk tell me if there is something off with this? The seller seems really reputable and has tons of good feedback. Does this require manual build or something?

Thanks very much everyone , good to see you again

Welcome back!

I have the solana in the picture complete with the disco ball. There is a local dealer I can get you the name of who sells the tank for right around $300 new. Keep in mind that the link you're looking at does NOT include the light fixture or stand, it's tank only.

The disco ball is a 150w MH, and without a cooler of some sort you will most likely have heat issues (I do).

As a last note, the makers of this Solana have completely overhauled the design and the replacement design is due out any day. Any ads you see advertising this older model are subject to being out of stock or not being able to actually obtain that model.

Best of luck in your hunt!

thanks guys, that solana went from 10 in stock to 0 in 2 days. awesome.

anyone worried about those solana's breaking a seem? I heard that was why they quit making them and the new ones have beveled edges. 34 gallons on the floor wouldn't be fun in an apartment.

The stores up here in dallas don't seem to know when those new solana's are going to hit since they are brand new so I'm gonna keep looking for an older version I think

First I've ever heard of them busting a seam, and I've read about a lot of them.

i sorta thought it was bs when the sales guy told me it. (might have been trying to get me to preorder a new one and not keep looking for the old edition)