Multimeter

victoly

Not really sure where to post this... so.... I have 3 multimeters, and NONE of them will let me get to the DC amperage i need to get to adjust my meanwells so i dont fry my LEDs when i start to crank up the juice. Does anyone have one that I can borrow for a day or two? I'm on the south side of town

-IHM

The Fluke Meter which I use is a Model #T5-600. The DC amper readings are in whole numbers. In my opinion it is not sensitive enough to do what you intend. During start-up of my uninterrrupted power supply, I used a digital display from my battery charger, less than $20. Just a thought for you.

_Patrick

Kirchhoff voltage law (E=IR) is pretty inaccurate when it comes to actual circuits, although LED circuits are pretty simple. What specific driver do you have? I thought most were constant current output so you don't need to worry about anything but the circuit design.

• Like 1

if they have a dimmable meanwell then there is a pot inside that canbe adjusted which it sounds like they are trying to do.

my MM from harbor freight for free is the same one rapidled sells and it works to set the drivers. You can borrow it if you like.