Amazonia selling saltwater livestock?

Hydro

I saw on their website that they are selling corals and fish now, have they been this whole time and I didn't know? Their website is under construction so maybe they are gearing up to carry this stuff but don't yet, not sure. Anyone know? I used to go to amazonia back in my FW days and I always liked it. Do they still have big bertha and cebo? They were always cool to look at.

C-bo is/was a huge brackish puffer that devored full size crawfish in seconds of being thrown in his tank, lots of personality.

Big Bertha is/was a HUGE FW fish, I can't remeber what kind now. Seemed more intelligent than your average fish, it would swim beside you as you walked by its tank while starring you right in the eyes. Its probably been 10 years since then so neither may still be alive.

I bought a tank from them because the price was right. I got some RO/DI water from them a couple times. Tested the water and TDS was way high. I ended up pouring it out. I bought a torch coral from them. I know now I paid too much for it but it is still alive and doing well 2 years later.

OMG Wendy and I went in there a few weeks ago, and I can safely say I'll NEVER go there again. Rank, nasty, dirty, smelly, overpriced, rude employees, gross-looking tanks, sickly looking livestock, etc. It literally reeked of cat urine to the point that I had to immediately go home and wash my clothes to get the smell out. Just plain nasty. And this, you've got to realize, is coming from someone who spent months living on an Iraqi base sharing portajohns in the desert heat with dirty, nasty, Iraqi soldiers, so trust me when I say that I know nasty when I smell it...

OMG Wendy and I went in there a few weeks ago, and I can safely say I'll NEVER go there again. Rank, nasty, dirty, smelly, overpriced, rude employees, gross-looking tanks, sickly looking livestock, etc. It literally reeked of cat urine to the point that I had to immediately go home and wash my clothes to get the smell out. Just plain nasty. And this, you've got to realize, is coming from someone who spent months living on an Iraqi base sharing portajohns in the desert heat with dirty, nasty, Iraqi soldiers, so trust me when I say that I know nasty when I smell it...

WOW!!!!

I think that I'll pass on going there.....hopefully they will read this and do something about it thumbsdown.gif

Checked them out a few months ago and were actually mad... The SW fish were covered with ICH and there were 2 dead fish in the tanks.

My wife was so upset she made us drive straight to Aquadome after we left...

I'll agree that the staff is friendly because the guy is always blown out of his mind. As for the lady if your looking for anything Saltwater related she cops out and sends you to the guy. I totally agree with fjr_wertheimber. This place looks like a back alley under handed fish black market rather than a place you'd want to send your kids to so they can help pick out fish. Again, not a fan.

• 2 weeks later...

I went in there for the first time in 10 years just last weekend. I had them order a small tank for me for my refugium and I went to go pick it up. The saltwater fish weren't looking too bad, we actually bought a leopard type wrasse that I have never seen before. Very cool colors, eats well, and seems healthy.

Was there today...might buy the $3k 300gal acrylic setup they have in back...dunno if my GF will murder me in my sleep if I do though...

You might point out if she does then she would be stuck with the body and the tank to get rid of.