Coolest fish you have/had (pics please)

SoggyDollar

Here's my coolest fish......after a long wait I found em couple months ago and had em shipped to me at the 1st sight ....very healthy and center fish of my reef like my black tang.....

Isingh, what kind of fish are those?

big_pun, I'm trying to age my tank right now with copepods to support a Mandarin. I hope to luck out with training one to eat pellets. Awesome fish!

dapettit, I haven't kept a tang yet. That tang looks awesome. I had planned on getting a tang but they seem to get stressed easily, stop eating or have ich outbreaks. Similar to your tang's personality, I had a cool copperband butterfly that had a great personality as well. He seemed very healthy eating anything I fed the tank as well as aptasia. I had him for four or five months. But, one day he mysteriously decided to stop eating and died shortly thereafter. It was very sad.

dapettit, I haven't kept a tang yet. That tang looks awesome. I had planned on getting a tang but they seem to get stressed easily, stop eating or have ich outbreaks. Similar to your tang's personality, I had a cool copperband butterfly that had a great personality as well. He seemed very healthy eating anything I fed the tank as well as aptasia. I had him for four or five months. But, one day he mysteriously decided to stop eating and died shortly thereafter. It was very sad.

I have a hippo, yellow and sailfin tang too. I love tangs there poop feeds my corals. . .

Dave-

Here's my coolest fish......after a long wait I found em couple months ago and had em shipped to me at the 1st sight ....very healthy and center fish of my reef like my black tang.....

IMG_3435.jpgIMG_3419.jpg

IMG_3437-1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you find them? i to have been looking.

IMG_3435.jpg

Where did you find them? i to have been looking.

Ah, they are called Halanthias Borbonius or Blotched Anthias. If they are anything like my Lyretail Anthias I would like keep a small school, they look so unusual. Nice!

Wow these are all very kool looking fish.y'all haven given me some much needed info.

Completely happy so far with this sight.

Yeah, hang around us and you'll be setting up multiple tanks to house everything laugh.png Lotta good info, lotta cool tanks, lotta neat and weird animals, I like this site too! (people are a little obsessed though dribble.gif )

everyone has beautiful fish here, with neat stories to go with them!

this is my fave fish, i call him gobbles cause he is like a bottemless pit when it comes to food! hes awesome cause hes not shy at all, he will follow you around when you walk by the tank, and when you stick your hands in there, be it to feed or clean, he follows you and nibbles your hand and arm lol. none of my other saltwater fish do that, so he really stands out biggrin.png

DSC04275.JPG

DSC04314.JPG

they sell copepods now in bottle to jump start your tank for mandarins now... saw it at petco off Brodie that store has gone a long way and only petco I would ever buy anything from... their head of fish department has degree in marine biology and rest of staff are hobbyist...

Isingh, what kind of fish are those?

big_pun, I'm trying to age my tank right now with copepods to support a Mandarin. I hope to luck out with training one to eat pellets. Awesome fish!