RC group buy Ending Feb 20

dshel1217

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so my Scarlet Hermit Crab arrived dead (out of shell).

Also a small percentage of snails (10%) are still laying about not moving, but I'm not ready to call them dead yet. Not bad considering the number of things i bought that did arrive ok. Overall, Im very satisfied with the order. On the plus side, it turns out they were not too many snails after all. On the down side, everything was considerably smaller than ii thought it would be. Hopefully, everything will grow up and it will all work out perfectly.

Those decorator crabs sound cool. if we get a followup order, I woud like my scarlet hermit replaced and i would like to add a decorator crab.

Thanks again for putting this together.

-Madness

I guess I got lucky, although I'm sure the cold weather shift didn't do us any favors. I was a bit worried about the emerald crabs and my popped bag of trochus snails, but I think everything looks ok today. I'm sure most are aware of this, but be sure to follow the acclimation procedures outlined on there website. I've never ordered livestock online before so their recommendation of only using temperature acclimation and discarding shipping water was new to me. I'm sure any Doa issues were probably caused by the chill on the shipping day, but I figured I'd point out their acclimation recommendations as well, in case someone overlooked.

I'm glad to know they had no problems refunding some of the species listed as more sensitive and only recommended shipping to next day express locations.

Sorry for your losses and best of luck next time!

-Tom