September Frag Swap

ACampbell

This frag swap will be September 23rd at 4:00 pm at River city Aquatics. The frag swap will be "open" to everyone including ARC, MAAST, and anyone that might not be familar with the clubs. They will be raffling off a DSA 90 gallon reef ready with oak stand. There will be free food and drinks. Also Randy and Jake will be flying out to LA to hand pick 150-200 corals which will all be on sale during the frag swap.

You can trade anything. If you want to trade a fish you might want to find the new owner before the day of the swap. There is always one thing people will trade almost anything for and that's money. So, if you don't have any water based animals to trade bring cash.

Frag swaps are always a great place to get a frag of that thing you have been eying at the store, but typically for less money.

BTW if anyone has a pinktail, golden heart, or crosshatch trigger they are tired off, please let me know.

Hopefully someone will bring some common frags. I know unobtanium acroporis is so cool, but some of us could just use some simple stuff to get our tanks started. If this thing is anything like the other frag swaps I have been to, then any of the all green or the new multi color dollarisobillis with trade just fine. :D

do you have to have frags to attend? do people trade other things etc or this a coral people only thing?

No you dont have to have frags to attend. In fact if you dont have frags a swap is a great place to start. Rivercity will also be selling 200 ish frags so bring your wallet :D

• 2 weeks later...
where is the frag swap? never honestly heard of the store before.

We are located just off Hwy 183 between Anderson Mill and McNeil Rd on Roxie Lane. If you come up Mopac or I35 you will take 183 north to the Anderson Mill exit. Once you exit your second right will be Roxie. There is an Enterprise-Rent-a-Car on the corner of 183 and Roxie, and we are directly behind the Enterprise on Roxie.

Give us a call if you have any problem finding the place. 219-7200

Any chance of getting a sign or banner made up? Not sure if the city frowns on the that sort of stuff or not. Maybe some flyers although I guess the other stores in the area are probably not going to be super excited. I know when my last club had our big frag swap we made flyers and had them up in all the local stores to attract new members, but the swap was at my house.

Just me but isn't weird to have a frag swap at a store when the store is going to have alot more and nicer coral bc it's hand picked? Just a thought. I'm there no matter what since I live less than 1/4 of mile away. I can jog there.lol

-Joseph Le

Just me but isn't weird to have a frag swap at a store when the store is going to have alot more and nicer coral bc it's hand picked? Just a thought. I'm there no matter what since I live less than 1/4 of mile away. I can jog there.lol

-Joseph Le

A store isn't going to barter with you.

I still have two of the four frags I was advertising in this post:

http://www.austinreefclub.com/index.php?showtopic=1837

Amy and Dave still need help. Dave has made miraculous progress. He is now walking and talking, but with difficulty. He is about to be discharged from the rehab hospital, but he will now need some equipment to help him get around the house, and it's going to be a full time job for Amy to care for him without the hospital staff's help.

The frags have essentially doubled in size since I posted the pics. They each have about 9 heads. They could probably each be fragged in two again.

I'm going to try to make it to the frag swap Sunday.

would anyone be interested in xenia or kenya tree, its pretty common and i have a lot to trade, but i dont want to mow it down and nobody want any? ill bring some if some people are interested.

Against my better judgement I will take some xenia. :) Might as well get something fast growing in my tank since it is currently bare.

I'd love to see some interesting color zoas at the swap. Anyone planning to bring some?

By the way, those Candy Cane frags I'm bringing are an awesome neon green! I'd like to get cash for them though, so I can send it to Amy. I'll pay cash for zoas out of my own reef fund. I'd just like to keep them separate.